Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Stop window/folder from opening automatically

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
28-Apr-2010, 05:03 PM #1
Stop window/folder from opening automatically

I scan many documents each day and my image manager automatically saves each image to the location specified by me, which is a folder on the desktop. However, each time I save an image, a "desktop window" opens which lists all the icons and folders I can already see on my desktop. I guess it's trying to give me access to the save location, but since I've selected a folder on the desktop, it's redundant. This window has to be closed each time I save an image because it's in the way of the editing I need to do. It wastes a lot of my time and drives me crazy. Is there a way to disable this action? I am running Vista 64 on an hp laptop. I have a multitask printer with scanner, a Canon Pixma MP830 which captures images with Canon's program "MP Navigator". Navigator allowed me to choose a default location to save all my images (folder on the desktop), but nowhere in their program is there an option to turn off opening a window displaying the "save location" each time I save. Also, I've tried several different save locations with the same "window opening" result. Any ideas? I've already looked over all the "folder options" settings, no help there. Can I modify or delete a registry key? I've only had a little experience with registry keys and I wouldn't know how to identify which one needs work.

Thanks for the help!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
folders, save location, scanner, window launch

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!