Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows Vista Windows Vista
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Vista Application Failed 0x0000022

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 6 posts.

Experience: Computer Illiterate
17-Jun-2010, 09:58 PM #1
Vista Application Failed 0x0000022
Operating system specs.
Dell Deminsion
Windows Vista
32Bit Operating system

My problem is this ....I boot my PC system and it begins to populate the Vista programs and Icons and tool bars and so forth I get an error message that says (application failed to initialize properly error 0x0000022)
Sometimes instead of the message popping up on the screen I will find it in the tool bar and it says msn on the face before I click to open it.
I am running Firefox but I don't think that has anything to do with it because once I close the error message everything runs good for awhile then I might see the error pop up a few more times or if I reboot the system.
I tried to run the system recovery but I found out that the system has never been backed up.
I also tried to run the utilities CD and the Vistas but they would not run automatically.
I don`t have enough experience to run a system recovery from the command prompt.
What can I do to remedy this issue?
TheShooter93   (Cody) TheShooter93 is online now TheShooter93 has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 9,885 posts.

Experience: Advanced
17-Jun-2010, 10:07 PM #2
Click Start then in the search bar type msconfig and hit Enter. Then under the Startup tab, disable all programs except your antivirus. Then reboot and see if the error occurs.
Computer Specs

18-Jun-2010, 12:17 PM #3
Application failed (0x0000022)
I tried to disable all programs that you suggested and it did not work...as a matter of fact the program that is giving me problems turned itself back on after the reboot..I wrote down the location of the file but cant seem to find it their.I think it might be part of a virus that does not have access anymore and is trying to run itself.
Computer Specs

19-Jun-2010, 08:01 PM #4
Thanks for the help but still no luck...any other suggestions?
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
application failed to run, error, windows visita

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!