Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows Vista Windows Vista
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

vista explorer wont load, helpl please?!

(!)

Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
26-Jun-2010, 09:07 AM #1
vista explorer wont load, helpl please?!
i have an xps 420 with vista 32 bit, bios a04, intel quad q6600, and an intel x38 motherboard.
ok so last night i turned of the computer by holding the power button. then the next day i turned it back on it started normally but when i got to the part where vista says please wait the screen goes black and all i see is the mouse pointer(which i can move). its like if explorer wasnt loading i tried ctrl alt delete but no use. i pushed the shift buttons 5 times(motherboard beaped everytime i pressed it) and the stick keys window popped up but thats all. i do have the vista dvd that the computer came with. i went to the boot device menu and it gave me the options of booting from hardrive or [onboard or usb cd rom drive](i have dvd drive though) i clicked the cd rom drive option but it just freezes. i alreadry tried safe modes but no help. what can i do to fix this i have 2 hours before parents get home to fix this or im dead(grounded for life). ask me for other details and ill let you know. i also just ran the diagnostic test for my sata dvd drive+- rw and it passed all tests. this problem has happened before but all i did back then was just restart.
Computer Specs
Account Disabled with 2,664 posts.

Experience: The Matrix
26-Jun-2010, 09:17 AM #2
try f8 on start up, keep pressing it, then last good configuration
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 9,126 posts.

26-Jun-2010, 09:23 AM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by arios18 View Post
i have 2 hours before parents get home to fix this or im dead(grounded for life)
Just tell them you turned it on an this is what happened (unless parents told you not to use the computer). I would not use the Vista DVD. Doing that improperly will get you grounded for life.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
boot, vista 32 bit, xps 420

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!