Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows Vista Windows Vista
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Vista Network Adapters FAIL! Code 31 - Screencaps given

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
09-Sep-2010, 07:01 PM #1
Exclamation Vista Network Adapters FAIL! Code 31 - Screencaps given
I am using a HP Compaq presario V3522TU on VISTA Home Basic 32bit for like 3 years now and internet works fine. I have used wireless, dialup broadband, LAN cable network and everything worked fine. Up until a month ago, i had a power outage and when i restarted, i am not able to use internet AT ALL. I cant search any wireless networks, It doesnt connect to my USB broadband and LAN cable network isnt recognized. (I realized this gradually)

At the device manager all the 'thingy' under ther Network Adapters show the yellow following exclamation marks.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and each of it shows in its properties says it has an Code 31 error.

and IPCONFIG on commandprompt shows

I have tried online researches and many turn out a dead end. Others with the same problem as mine failed in reinstalling drivers and most of the forums on it just die in time.

Please help, im a university student and it sucks to leach on another dudes com.

PS: i am slow with the computer so a step by step guide would be helpfull

THANK YOU FOR LISTENING.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 65,619 posts.

09-Sep-2010, 09:40 PM #2
From your laptop manufacturer's web site download the drivers for your ethernet controller and the wireless adapter, copy them to your computer using CD or USB flash drive or other removable media and try to install them.

I doubt this will work because the power outage/surge probably took out a part of the motherboard. If you can borrow a USB wireless or ethernet adapter try that, but I have little hope for that either.
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
09-Sep-2010, 11:05 PM #3
Firsty thanks for replying.
I downloaded all the drivers provided for Network by HP compaq presario vista and installed them. restarted, but still the same
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
code, internet, network adapters, vista, wireless

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!