Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows Vista Windows Vista
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: err2err3 - any hope for repair???

(!)

Junior Member with 5 posts.

Experience: Beginner
12-Feb-2011, 05:33 PM #1
Question Solved: err2err3 - any hope for repair???
Sorry to post again, but I am in desperate need. I have an HP Laptop dv6000. After running killdisk, I get the error msg. The machine runs Vista home premium...or at least it did.

Thanks!
Computer Specs
Member with 2,631 posts.

12-Feb-2011, 06:10 PM #2
more info required,what exactly was you attempting,what errrors,and please do not post multiple threads

12-Feb-2011, 06:25 PM #3
Thanks for responding
Thanks for the help. I have a HP dv6000 laptop that was running Windows Vista, Home Premium. After 3 yrs of service, it must have picked up a number of scripts or viruses and it virtually did not work because it was so slow.
I ran a free utility called: Kill Disc, which writes zeros over the hard drive to clean it up.
Next, I attempted to reboot the laptop to the recovery disks I had created when I bought the machine, to no avail.
I next started the machine in Phoenix Bios and scanned the hard drive. No help.
I started it in BIOS again and made sure it was booting to the CD first. No help.

I have a working computer (which is how I am able to post on this website). So I next tried to download a free "partition repair" software and create a bootable CD that I could start on the HP Laptop, but the laptop doesn't recognize it. I have also tried to boot it to a Windows Vista 32-bit Repair Disc that I downloaded from this website: http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/window...disc-download/, but again, the laptop does not recognize it.

Any ideas? Is the computer toast?

Thanks!
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 1,059 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
12-Feb-2011, 07:08 PM #4
should have tried the recovery disk before "killdisk", killdisk formatted the drive, and the recovery disk needs the os to reinstall..
you can't use the recovery disk to do an install (just a reinstall), your only hope is the recovery partition, if killdisk didn't format it also..
check your manual, should be a key(s) you press while booting up to get to the recovery partition..(f10 or f11 are common) but check your model..
or contact hp to order the proper disks..

good luck
Computer Specs
Member with 2,631 posts.

12-Feb-2011, 07:21 PM #5
kenny,you are right and if i recall killdisc erases partitions as well

12-Feb-2011, 07:35 PM #6
Thanks. I'm pretty sure killdisk reformatted everything...partitions as well. I will contact HP and ask if their own recovery disk will be able to fix it. If not, I'll just recycle it.

thanks!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!