Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows Vista Windows Vista
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Window Shell Commor

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 4 posts.

Experience: Beginner
24-Mar-2011, 01:16 AM #1
Window Shell Commor
Hi! I accidentally open the ntuser.dat.LOG2 with a different program. It was originally open with "Window Shell Commor". I tried to reopen ntuser.dat.LOG2 again with Window Shelll Commor, but i couldn't find it anywhere. Can you tell me where to find it or turn it back to normal? Please help me! Thanks'

I'm using gateway window vista home premium, Model M-6843, 32 bit operating system

Last edited by confusing_me; 24-Mar-2011 at 01:21 AM..
Computer Specs
Moderator with 51,993 posts.

Experience: "Been through the mill."
24-Mar-2011, 01:21 AM #2
You have to open it with a program. If you need to open it, use a text editor, like Notepad or Wordpad. It is a text file.
Computer Specs

24-Mar-2011, 01:29 AM #3
Re:
I want to open it with Window Shell Commor because it was defautly set that way, and since i accidentally went to ntuser.dat.LOG1 property and open with a different file, it seemed to messing with my download files. Because before anything happened i clicked on this file and there was a diaglogue box said Windows cannot open this file and after i changed the open with, when i clicked on it, nothing came up.
Computer Specs

24-Mar-2011, 01:34 AM #4
There is no "Windows Shell Commor". If there is no program set by default, you need to choose one. The only way to go back is to completely remove the file associations, a completely unnecessary task.

Since you don't seem to know that what you are looking for does not even exist, do you really know what you are trying to do? Why would you even attempt to open a registry log?
Computer Specs

24-Mar-2011, 01:42 AM #5
then what should i open ntuser.dat.LOG1 with, i did some research and some said that it coould be opened with window shell library. Is it because i opened it with the wrong file that why my download was messed up. Because i try to convert a video on youtube to mp3 using a youtube converter by DVDvideosoft and i couldn't convert that video and i didn't run into that problem yesterday. There was another file called ntuser.dat.LOG2 and it's opened with Window Shell Commor. IF this Window Shell Commor is not existed then why it was there in the first place
Computer Specs

24-Mar-2011, 02:01 AM #6
The registry has nothing to do with YouTube videos. If you continue to fool with things you do not understand, your machine will only end up damaged. The thing that you are referring to (of which you do not even know the correct name) is what is designated when there is nothing to open a file.

Can you explain what your problem is so someone can help before you damage your system?
Computer Specs

24-Mar-2011, 02:11 AM #7
i wasn't trying to open it, i thought it was just a junk file so i thought i could delete it, but couldn't then somehow ended up change the open with that was associated with it, now that Window shell Commor is gone, i don't what program i would put in replace for the Window Shell Commor. Under opens with tab, there are many different programs like worldpad, mediacenter, itunes, etc. under other programs, and there was none under recomended program. That's why i'm confused of which one to choose from.
Computer Specs

24-Mar-2011, 06:27 AM #8
OK. What you have is a non-problem. The log2 file type is scarcely used at all, except by the program that writes the log when changes are made to the user registry. That program still works fine, so it doesn't matter at all what program is set to open log2 files. You can safely forget about it.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!