Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Trouble with IE

(!)

linsjean linsjean is offline linsjean has a Profile Picture
linsjean has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Member with 273 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
13-May-2011, 10:01 AM #1
Trouble with IE
I really hate to give you a link to ask you to read my comments and others from another tech forum, but I would also hate to start all over again. I'm not having any real solutions yet to my problem, so here it is:

http://www.sharkyforums.com/showthread.php?t=322713

It has two pages.

I do not understand why the installer of IE 9 says I already have a more current version. I don't have IE on my computer, as far as I can tell. Where else would I look?

I'm also getting quite a few script errors, one of which is about Chrome, and I don't have that app on my laptop. I have other issues also, like slow performance, and FF not responding for several seconds, even when I don't have many apps open.

You can take a look at my Hijack this log on that other site and you will see what I removed. Would you like another one?

Thanks!

oh, ok, here's my sysinfo:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T3400 @ 2.16GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 954 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 285 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 227325 MB, Free - 179871 MB; D: Total - 11146 MB, Free - 1863 MB;
Motherboard: Wistron, 3612, 09.60, 2CE851QFZ1
Antivirus: Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live! Anti-Virus, Updated and Enabled
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
internet explorer

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!