Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Web pages not fitting browser.

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Beginner
18-Jul-2011, 02:08 AM #1
Web pages not fitting browser.
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) M processor 900MHz, x86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 8
Processor Count: 1
RAM: 503 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family, 64 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 7679 MB, Free - 5389 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., 701SD, x.xx, EeePC-0123456789
Antivirus: None

Okay, I recently had my web book into be fixed. (One of my main running files had been corrupted.) I got it back today with everything completely erased and clean, but I can't for the life of me get my web pages to fit my browser windows. My screen is tiny and it's quite annoying having to constantly scroll. I've done the 'Ctrl - +' that's not solving the problem and neither is changing my resolution. I never had this problem before. I use Firefox and tried installing the add on 'NoSquint', but that's not much help either.

Another thing, my web book has no disk drive so I can't just re install Windows if that's the problem.

Help is most appreciated. Thanks in advance. ^^ <3
Computer Specs
Moderator with 51,993 posts.

Experience: "Been through the mill."
18-Jul-2011, 02:18 AM #2
Why is changing the resolution "not solving the problem" if all you want is for it to be bigger?

What is your current resolution?
Computer Specs

18-Jul-2011, 02:28 AM #3
Sorry, I must not be explaining clearly. ^^
The web pages are huge and I would like for them to fit my browser window, so that I don't have to scroll sideways to see everything.

800 by 600 pixels.
Computer Specs

18-Jul-2011, 03:32 AM #4
800x600 is a very large resolution. I haven't seen a web age that would fit that in a long time. Is there some reason you can't use something larger?
Computer Specs

18-Jul-2011, 04:40 AM #5
When I apply a larger resolution it just makes my screen wider. It no longer fits to the edges of my screen but goes beyond it.
Computer Specs

18-Jul-2011, 05:03 AM #6
Well a larger resolution is the only way to resolve this. You should be able to change resolutions that have the same aspect ratio. What sizes are available to you? That is the only thing that you can do. Web pages are larger than 800x600 and that won't change. You can zoom out until the page fits, but it will be extremely small.

As far as it going off the edge of the screen, that is a monitor setting. If you check the monitor settings, you will see options for vertical and horizontal sizes. That does not change the resolution grossly, but can make the screen slightly smaller so it will fit the monitor edge. There will also be settings to move the entire display right-left or up-down to center it.

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!