Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

turn off "Publisher could not be verified" message

(!)

Member with 70 posts.

Experience: Advanced
05-Aug-2011, 09:09 AM #1
turn off "Publisher could not be verified" message
this is more of an annoyance than a real problem but I'd sure like to know how to stop it from happening.

I work for a small company, doing Technical support. We have three of four applications that I have to open every day, programs written internally by our programming department. The programs sit out on a server, but I have a local shortcut and confuguration file to run them over the Network. Every time I close and re-open these programs, I get the infernal warning message:

"The Publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this software?"
Underneath is the message "this file does not have a valid digital signature that verifies its publisher. You should only run software from publishers that you trust"

I have to click "run" to get it to launch, and it opens fine. It just irks me that I can't figure out how to tell Windows to quit bothering me and just open the program!

Is there not some place where I can go and tell Windows which programs to open it every time, and add it to a trusted list somehow?
Member with 70 posts.

Experience: Advanced
05-Aug-2011, 11:52 AM #2
thanks !! that seems to have worked, that means any .exe file will run without prompting.
I'm a bit surprised there's no method to selectively choose individual .exe files, like a firewall program can do.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!