Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: DELL Vostro Not startinng up

(!)

Member with 283 posts.

07-Aug-2011, 11:16 PM #1
Solved: DELL Vostro Not startinng up
MY Dell Vostro laptop is not starting up when I am pushing the power button the only lights those blink for few seconds are

1) a orange light in the Ethernet port
2) green light in the DVD Drive

These lights blink for few seconds and then nothing happens please help
SUEOHIO   (SUE) SUEOHIO is offline SUEOHIO has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 3,686 posts.

Experience: Advanced
07-Aug-2011, 11:39 PM #2
Im going to guess that the motherboard has failed or its possibly a power supply problem.either one your going to have to have it looked at and see for sure and depending on the age of the computer see if its even worth fixing.
Member with 283 posts.

07-Aug-2011, 11:55 PM #3
It's a two year old system,Vostro A860 not sure what exactly the problem is the battery is showing that it's charging, I've removes the battery and tried to start the system but the same problem persists, not even with the battery installed the laptop showing any signs of starting up
Computer Specs
Member with 3,686 posts.

08-Aug-2011, 08:36 AM #4
Oh gosh i just got rid of a vostro a860. because i was having problems with the wireless network driver and the battery not charging and a brand new one didnt help i sold it.it turned out to be a serious power supply problem and the motherboard going.it wasnt under a warranty anymore and knowing what i found out about that model i decided not to fix it. before i bought mine tho i made sure it had xp drivers available which it did.but mine came with vista so i switched it to xp.when the problems started i went to the dell website and the xp drivers were suddenly no longer listed only vista and one other system which i thought was strange.when i sold mine i was told that mine being only 14 months old at the time they were surprised it even lasted that long as new ones were going bad. .i also found out that model wasnt made by dell at all but by another computer company and was just supported by dell. that model along with the A840 sadly turned out to have a multitude of problems.im trying to be optimistic for you and hopefully it can be fixed but please take it somewhere and get a professional opinion as to what needs fixed and go from there and decide if you want to fix it or not.
Member with 283 posts.

08-Aug-2011, 11:15 PM #5
Thanks SUEOHIO

I think you are right seeking professional opinionwould be the best option thanks for your time.
Computer Specs
Member with 3,686 posts.

09-Aug-2011, 12:08 AM #6
You are very welcome. i hope that you do get good news and that it will be a minor problem for you thats easily fixable and not a major one.dell does make very good computers but sadly this model was not one of their better ones.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!