Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Cannot Uninstall Java TM 6 Update 29

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 718 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
17-Nov-2011, 02:37 PM #46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaishali View Post

But a new issue has cropped up. Secunia does not recognize the Java 7 installed on my machine and I get following pop-up titled "Java Console":
Java Plug-in 10.1.0.8
Using JRE version 1.7.0_01-b08 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
User home directory = C:\Documents and Settings\Vaishali Sood
----------------------------------------------------
c: clear console window
f: finalize objects on finalization queue
g: garbage collect
h: display this help message
l: dump classloader list
m: print memory usage
o: trigger logging
q: hide console
r: reload policy configuration
s: dump system and deployment properties
t: dump thread list
v: dump thread stack
x: clear classloader cache
0-5: set trace level to <n>
----------------------------------------------------
Ignored exception: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: java.net.UnknownHostException: ocsp.thawte.com

Later I received another pop-up titled "Warning-Security" with following message:
The publisher cannot be verified by a trusted source. Code will be treated as unsigned.
Name: JavaVersion

sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security. cert.CertPathValidationException:java.net.UnknownHostExceptioncsp.thawte. com

Please advise how I can run the Secunia scan on my pc with this version of Java
Hi

As I said before, Java 7 is not yet available from www.java.com as per http://java.com/en/download/faq/java7.xml , as it is still under development. This may be the **ONLY** reason why the Publisher cannot be verified.

Elvandil is considerable more experienced than I in the matters to which he is giving you guidance, however, you may be complicating the issue more than you need to
Member with 103 posts.

20-Nov-2011, 10:21 PM #47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvandil View Post
It would be better to try a different scan than to risk undoing what you have accomplished. If you want a really good scan, do one while Windows is not running and rootkits can't hide anything.

Free anti-virus boot CD's:

Free Bootable Rescue CD's
Antivirus Bootable Rescue CD's
FREE Bootable AntiVirus Rescue CDs Download List
BitDefender Boot CD (My favorite because it lists all files found and allows you to choose which to remove. It also worked on all machines I tried it on, while some others did not support some graphics cards.)
Acronis Antimalware Boot CD (This is a direct link to the iso download.)
I chose to go with BitDefender Boot CD but as I am technically challenged, I was unable to know which button to click on to download. Please help. My options are as follows:
Parent Directory
3.x/
Old/
PCWelt/
bitdefender-rescue-cd.iso
bitdefender-rescue-cd.iso.md5sum

If I click on the folder 3.x/ then I have further list of options as follows:
Parent Directory
tcz/

Tcz/ foder leads to a list of 7 more.
Please help
Computer Specs
Moderator with 51,993 posts.

Experience: "Been through the mill."
20-Nov-2011, 11:05 PM #48
bitdefender-rescue-cd.iso is the one you want. You can burn it to a CD with this:

Standalone ISO Burner (Be sure to check the "Finalize" box.)

As I may have mentioned, it is the one that I prefer because it has worked on every machine I have tried it on. I have spent hours (literally) trying to get the graphics on the Avast, Avira, F-Secure, and AVG CD's to work on some machines.

It will have virus signatures already, but it will try to go online and update them when booted. Be careful what you delete and keep a list. You may also find a log file on your C: drive after it is done.

(Just FYI: This site does not allow anyone to recommend the use of ComboFix except the qualified malware removers. That is because ComboFix can do serious damage to a machine if used incorrectly. That might explain some of the things that have happened to you. I'd suggest that you use it sparingly or under the guidance of one of the experts.)
Member with 103 posts.

21-Nov-2011, 10:20 AM #49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvandil View Post
bitdefender-rescue-cd.iso is the one you want. You can burn it to a CD with this:

Standalone ISO Burner (Be sure to check the "Finalize" box.)

As I may have mentioned, it is the one that I prefer because it has worked on every machine I have tried it on. I have spent hours (literally) trying to get the graphics on the Avast, Avira, F-Secure, and AVG CD's to work on some machines.

It will have virus signatures already, but it will try to go online and update them when booted. Be careful what you delete and keep a list. You may also find a log file on your C: drive after it is done.

(Just FYI: This site does not allow anyone to recommend the use of ComboFix except the qualified malware removers. That is because ComboFix can do serious damage to a machine if used incorrectly. That might explain some of the things that have happened to you. I'd suggest that you use it sparingly or under the guidance of one of the experts.)
Thanks for your patience. I dont have a CD writer. I only have a player on my laptop (Compaq Evo N 1020). Please advise another way. Can I not just download and run?
I used ComboFix under the advice of an expert (I believe he is a genius). I have no clue what it is and dont know how to fix my machine without advice. I never do aything without advice and understanding the steps before attempt.
Member with 103 posts.

21-Nov-2011, 10:25 AM #50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaishali View Post
Thanks for your patience.
I dont have a CD writer. I only have a player on my laptop (Compaq Evo N 1020). Please advise another way. Can I not just download and run?
I used ComboFix under the advice of an expert. I have no clue what ComboFix is and dont know how to fix my machine without advice. I never do aything without advice and carefully understand the steps before I attempt.
The name of the expert who cleaned my machine with Combofix is dvk01. He too is a Moderator as yourself. If I need help, I have to trust too. Its a bit tricky to choose who will help me and I am learning. I have been a bit naive as I was new to this forum and technically retarded.

Last edited by Vaishali; 21-Nov-2011 at 10:27 AM.. Reason: Spellings
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
java, uninstall failed

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!