Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

"Extender Fatal Error"

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
20-Nov-2011, 08:13 AM #1
"Extender Fatal Error"
Wow !
I,m a new member. Guy forum was recommended by a friend. I just read the last post, Great reply. I'm kind of new on pc's. I've learned a little by myself. the problem I have is when I turn on my pc, I get "Extender Fatal Error" invalid or missing resource files in the installation directory. Reinstall Extended Player. My friend told me that this had something to do with a piggyback, from a game or game site and to get with you guy's to remove it. So here I am.
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 9,126 posts.

20-Nov-2011, 08:43 AM #2
EXETender is software used with online games from a site named FreeRide Games. Do you play their games? If not, here are instructions for removing the software: http://support.freeridegames.com/que...?questionid=77

If this doesn't work, let us know. We can remove the startup for it next:

Press the Windows key + R to open a Run box.
Type in msconfig
Select the Startup tab.
Uncheck the following entry and Exentender won't pop up anymore:
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Exetender] "C:\Program Files\Free Ride Games\GPlayer.exe" /runonstartup
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
20-Nov-2011, 10:07 AM #3
Thank you for your advice. I tried to do everything you advised,it didn't work. So I went into my c/drive and hit program files and found everything there. I deleted all that stuff and it worked. I put intermediate, but you could say I'm a beginner. I do want to learn how to fix this stuff. Thank you for your help
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!