Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

unmountable boot volume xps600

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 16 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
24-Feb-2012, 02:23 PM #1
unmountable boot volume xps600
I have an XPS600 desktop with unmountable_boot_volume error: 0x000000ED I cannot boot from the CD. It goes to diagnostic or quit option only. I cannot get Safe Mode to work.

I am not able to download TSG SysInfo..
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

24-Feb-2012, 03:07 PM #2
Is this the same computer you reinstalled Windows on a few weeks ago and configured for dual monitors? What happened that caused this new error?
Computer Specs
Member with 16 posts.

25-Feb-2012, 10:35 AM #3
Symptom Tree Scan Running
Yes it is. The monitors I figured out and they installed just fine. I am not sure what happened that led to the current problem. I am not able to open Windows. I cannot boot in Safe Mode. I have attempted to boot from the Resource CD and have not been successful in booting to Windows. I am not able to get the repair feature started from the CD.

I am running the diagnostic System Tree which currently has been running about 10 hours and shows to be 60% complete. What I noticed was a series of audio errors related to Nvidia which I downloaded an upgrade graphics download just prior to the BSOD problem. An example of an early Error Code is 6522:061B NVIDIA Audio ...

The majority of Errors now seem to be related to SATA Disk with fails on Confidence Test and some Read Test but not all. The second HD is now being tested and I have not noticed any fails so far. There are quite a lot of Pass results on the SATA Disk that showed the Errors.

This is where I am with this matter so far. I have searched the internet for possible answers and if you have some suggestions I welcome your input.

25-Feb-2012, 12:58 PM #4
Hard drive errors mean the drive is failing. Not being able to boot into Safe Mode pretty much eliminates a driver problem.
Computer Specs
Member with 16 posts.

25-Feb-2012, 01:05 PM #5
I have two hard drives from when I installed the two I have now. How do I determine which one is good?
Member with 66 posts.

Experience: Advanced
25-Feb-2012, 01:29 PM #6
This happened to one of my computers!

The only way is to reinstall Windows, that's how I fixed it. Hope you still have the CD and license code.

25-Feb-2012, 01:37 PM #7
You said you're running a diagnostic application, and one of the drives is returning errors. That's the one that's bad. There should be some identifying information for the drive in that program.

Reinstalling Windows does not fix a failing hard drive. That's like putting a coat of paint on a totaled car.
Computer Specs
Member with 3 posts.

13-Mar-2012, 04:39 AM #8
i had this same problem, and after 3 hours online, i found a solution. this worked for me.

1. enter the wimdows recovery console
2. type chkdsk /p to see if the drive is bad. (mine wasn't, idk what to do if it is, probably get a new drive
3. if the check turns up clean, reboot to make sure the problem hasnt been fixed.
4. if it hasn't, re-enter the recovery console and type chkdsk /r to locate any bad sectors and recover any data.
5.reboot.

if none of the above works, reinstall windows.

this link is helpful:http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000627.htm

ciao
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
bsod, safe mode not working, unmountable boot volume

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!