Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

could not create java virtual machine???

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 72 posts.

15-Apr-2012, 07:09 PM #1
Unhappy could not create java virtual machine???
ok well... i noticed when i start up my computer it says something about java virtual machine. i didnt reall pay much attention to it since i didnt ever use anything that needed java... but a few days ago i was introduced to a game called minecraft... but when ever i try to start it up it says "java virtual machine launcher"(as the name) then it says could not create java virtual machine... now im pretty sure this is why i cant play, also they have an option to just play it in your web browser so i clicked that and it says "an error occured while loading the applet please contact support to resolve this issue. Fatal error occured(5):" what can i possibly do to fix this,

on a side note i didnt know where exactly to post this so if im in the wrong place please move me to the correct place
Member with 5,662 posts.

16-Apr-2012, 12:19 PM #2
You could doublecheck your computer's Java status by going here; http://www.javatester.org/ and clicking on 'Test the version of Java you're browser is using'. If the test confirms that you don't have any Java version installed, you can get it from here; http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp (probably best to opt for the 'Offline' version).

If the test identifies a version older than 6 Update 31, (it will be listed as 'Java(TM) x Update xx), uninstall any old ones and install the latest one.

Note that Java is targetted by a lot of malware so, if you install it, you must keep it up to date and, if you only need it for one program, you can remove Java if/when you uninstall that program.

Oracle Java is completely different to JavaScript, which is something most websites/pages will need to work properly.
Computer Specs
Member with 72 posts.

16-Apr-2012, 06:50 PM #3
well.. when i go to that site and go to test it... my internet browser says "the exception of unknown software exception (0x40000015) occured in the application at location 0x675bd92f click ok to terminate)so before i hit okay to terminate i noticed it dosent have a pink box like it said i would for java so ima try to install the java you gave me a link for and see if it helps any

ps sorry for a late reply i fell asleep
Computer Specs
Member with 72 posts.

16-Apr-2012, 06:55 PM #4
i installed it and it said it was succesfully installed so i went to check my java again... and it did the same thing "the exception of unknown software exception (0x40000015) occured in the application at location 0x675bd92f"
Computer Specs
Member with 72 posts.

17-Apr-2012, 07:56 PM #5
uhh i was wondering if i posted this in the wrong place cos no "mods" are helping me
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

17-Apr-2012, 09:29 PM #6
This is a volunteer site. All members help when or if they have time and if they have something to contribute. "Mods" help moderate the boards.

It might help if you explained the entire problem, start to finish, including what software, website, or other activity you're doing that generates the error. A screen shot of the error might help as well.
Computer Specs
Member with 72 posts.

18-Apr-2012, 12:48 AM #7
well its anything that has to do with java, like some recaptcha coding wont work and any java required games and anything that has to do with java even tho its installed and i cant upload any pictures to like tiny pic or anything cos i cant see the recaptcha code sorry
Account Disabled with 158 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
18-Apr-2012, 07:04 AM #8
Smile Is this the link?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGG View Post
If the test confirms that you don't have any Java version installed, you can get it from here; http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp (probably best to opt for the 'Offline' version).
Hey TOGG? Is that the offline java download page? I have been looking for it.
Member with 5,662 posts.

18-Apr-2012, 10:01 AM #9
That's the link I use and you just have to pick your OS and whether you want to use offline or online installation.

I did try the online method once and, as far as I can remember, nothing went spectacularly wrong but, generally, I prefer to download an .exe file and doubleclick on it to install, rather than follow a lot of onscreen prompts!

PS. I'm actually using Java 7 (currently on Update 3) and have been since it first came out last August but the advice on the Oracle site is still to use 6 Update 31. As far as I know I only have one program that needs Java and that works fine but there may be a lot of other programs that would have problems with 7, so I am not suggesting that anyone else should follow my example!
Member with 5,662 posts.

18-Apr-2012, 10:19 AM #10
ghostskater,

I'm afraid I'm not technically savvy enough to interpret error messages but there must be a possibility that yours is a generic Windows error message rather than specifically about Oracle Java (although the game software itself might also be involved).

Have you tried the Minecraft Help pages or Oracle's Java errors pages?;http://www.java.com/en/download/help...s=Windows%20XP Also, did you find and uninstall any old Java versions and reboot afterwards?

It may be a red herring but it might be worth your while to go back to the Javatester page and click on the orange 'JavaScript' box on the left hand side to check if JS is working in your browser. As I mentioned before, JS is completely different to Oracle Java but some of the other things you say you have difficulties with probably require JS to be enabled before they will work properly.
Computer Specs
Member with 72 posts.

18-Apr-2012, 03:10 PM #11
well i thank you for your help, minecraft isnt that important to me i just play it to kill bordom im getting a new pc cos mine is old and outdated so to speak so i guess when i get a new one ill play it then, thanks for you help

18-Apr-2012, 07:28 PM #12
From HERE
Quote:
Yes, 0x40000015 means STATUS_FATAL_APP_EXIT. Your app causes an unhandled runtime exception during shutdown.
and it also seems to be a C++ error, not java.
Maybe it's an error in the web site... Have you tried running minecraft free in your web browser? that should work. If so it may be a problem with C++??? Link to Minecraft Free site

Last edited by ada101; 18-Apr-2012 at 07:38 PM..
Computer Specs
Member with 72 posts.

18-Apr-2012, 08:30 PM #13
hello ada, yes i tryed that, an error comes up ""the exception of unknown software exception (0x40000015) occured in the application at location 0x675bd92f click ok to terminate" then when i click ok it closes my browser

18-Apr-2012, 09:34 PM #14
While looking around I have found that this may be an Internet Explorer error... Do you want to try and run java in Firefox to see if that is the case? Download Firefox HERE, then attempt to run Minecraft free from Here.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
java, java virtual machine, machine, virtual

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!