Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

My documents-moving

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
25-Apr-2012, 12:30 PM #1
My documents-moving
HI!---after having to reinstall XP i have 2 partitions-i just moved MY DOCUMENTS to file partition-says files moved but when i look in my docs c drive [operating system] and my docs d drive [files] same info in both folders -which tells me nothing moved just copied --how do i remove folder and/or contents on c drive? also i down loaded a file using chrome and it put file in c:\document and settings\gary atkinson\my documents\download--this file does not show up in my documents on c or d drive is this right?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-57, x86 Family 15 Model 104 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1406 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon X1270, 608 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 25054 MB, Free - 13831 MB; D: Total - 51246 MB, Free - 35237 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc.,
Antivirus: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

25-Apr-2012, 01:32 PM #2
This is how you move the My Documents folder.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310147

If you did anything different than described in that document, you'll need to undo it before trying to actually move it or you'll end up with a mess.
Computer Specs
Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
25-Apr-2012, 03:58 PM #3
Micosoft Instruction
yes, that is what i followed from gizmo techsupport--i now wonder if i forgot to target co it is copying instead of moving
i am copying whole folder to desktop then i am going to redo by deleting my doc folder on d drive hopfully it will keep everything in my doc c drive but if i do not i will have my desktop backup-thanks for replying
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!