Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Blue Screen stop 0x0000008E

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 7 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
02-May-2012, 01:02 PM #16
Acouple months ago I had a power failure and it really sent some portions of windows either not working or acting strange. I did get some problems fixed with a MS tech but only automatic updates, others still persist. Now I seem to have an infected computer but doesn't show up with antivirus software, etc. At times it runs slow and on occasion can't seem to do things without an error. I was having problems with MS Essentians so I tried updating to no avail. I uninstalled it and tried reinstalling but it just seemed to take forever and wouldn't let me install it. Because of all of my problems, I decided to start over as I'm taking so much time trying to cure problems when I could use that time to reinstall Windows and hopefully have agood running system.

I want to thank you for your time in helping me in getting my system to run correctly.
Trusted Advisor with 15,694 posts.

02-May-2012, 05:05 PM #17
A wise move considering the amount of clean up that is needed.
Keep us updated and good luck.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!