Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Startup Way Too Slow

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 653 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
27-Apr-2012, 04:33 PM #1
Startup Way Too Slow
My computer is becoming way too slow at startup. I timed it, and it took 7min 30 sec from black screen to hard drive no activity and fully operational. I dont know what it is doing after the desktop comes up, I can hear the hard drive activity working hard on something. If I try to open email or a Firefox window before it is done, it will not do that. Its almost as if the computer is telling me, go away I'm busy right now. Once it all comes up, everything works.

As far as i know I dont have anything too complicated in startup - I do have Malware Bytes, and there's the Carbonite backup service, and Avast anti Virus. There's also some software update services and maybe other things. Is there some app that will log what it is doing during this 7 minute startup time? Or how can I figure out what to stop so this will load faster?
flavallee   (Frank) flavallee is offline flavallee is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. flavallee has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 58,556 posts.

Experience: Advanced
27-Apr-2012, 04:36 PM #2
Click Start - Run, then type in MSCONFIG and then click OK - "Startup" tab.

Write down only the names in the "Startup Item" that have a checkmark next to them.

If the "Startup Item" column isn't wide enough to see the entire name of any of them, widen the column.

Submit those names here in a vertical list, and make sure to spell them exactly as you see them there.

----------------------------------------------------------

Is your computer running Windows XP or Vista or 7, 32-bit or 64-bit?

What's the processor type and speed?

How much RAM does it have?

----------------------------------------------------------
Computer Specs
Member with 653 posts.

27-Apr-2012, 04:58 PM #3
Startup Items checked:

shicoxp
lauchsrv
RTHDCPL
HPWuSchd2
UpdaterStartupUtility
AdobeARM
DivXUpdate
itype
APSDaemon
QTTask
mbamgui
Nvcpl
RunDLL32
nwiz
CarboniteUI
RoboTaskbarIcon
cftmon
ColorvisionStartup
Ding!
PdanetDesktop

I know I could disable Ding (Southwest Airlines) and Pdanet except when I really need it. But thats all in startup that is checked.

windows xp, sp3
AMD Dual core 2.5ghz 4850e processor, 2.0gb ram
flavallee   (Frank) flavallee is offline flavallee is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. flavallee has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs

27-Apr-2012, 05:35 PM #4
Go back to Start - Run - MSCONFIG - OK - "Startup" tab.

Remove the checkmark in these startup entries:

shicoxp

RTHDCPL

HPWuSchd2

UpdaterStartupUtility

AdobeARM

DivXUpdate

QTTask

mbamgui
(unless you have the paid version of Malwarebytes)

NvCpl

RunDLL32

nwiz

CarboniteUI

RoboTaskbarIcon

After you're done, click Apply - OK/Close - Exit Without Restart.

Go to Start - Run - SERVICES.MSC - OK.

Double-click on all entries that begin with

Adobe

HP

hp

NVIDIA

Change the "startup type" to Manual, then click Apply - OK.

Close the window and then restart the computer.

When the small System Configuration Utility window appears, ignore its message.

Put a checkmark in the lower left of that window BEFORE you click OK to close it.

-------------------------------------------------
Computer Specs

27-Apr-2012, 05:37 PM #5
How many entries in

Start - Run - SERVICES.MSC - OK

have their "startup type" set on Automatic?

---------------------------------------------------------
Computer Specs
Member with 653 posts.

27-Apr-2012, 06:48 PM #6
I did this, and it reduced the time a little. Still 6 minutes. About half of the services are automatic, do you want me to give a list of all of them? One thats automatic is the first one listed with a weird string: ##Id_String1.6844F930_1628_4223_B5CC_5BB94B879762##
And the path to the executable is "C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe" What does this do? Should I delete this or set to manual?
Computer Specs

28-Apr-2012, 08:01 AM #7
Go back to Start - Run - SERVICES.MSC - OK.

Double-click on each entry that has its "startup type" set on Disabled, then change it to Manual, then click Apply - OK.

Write down the name of each entry that has its "startup type" set on Automatic. If the "Name" column isn't wide enough to see the entire name of any of them, widen the column. Submit those names here in a vertical list, and make sure they're in alphabetical order.

------------------------------------------------------------
Computer Specs
Member with 653 posts.

30-Apr-2012, 11:54 PM #8
Ok, here is what is on "automatic":

##Id_String1.6844F930_1628_4223_B5CC_5BB94B879762##
AST Service
Automatic Updates
avast! Antivirus
CAILI
Canon Camera Access Library 8
CarboniteService
Computer Browser
Crypkey License
CryptSvc
DCOM Server Process Launcher
DHCP Client
Distributed Link Tracking Client
DNS Client
Error Reporting Service
Event Log
Google Update Service (gupdate)
Help and Support
InCD Helper
Intuit Update Service
Intuit Update Service v4
IPSEC Services
Java Quick Starter
Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service
Lexar Secure II
LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service
MBAMService
Microsoft .NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319_X86
MotoHelper Service
Nero Registry InCD Service
Plug and Play
Print Spooler
Protected Storage
Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
Routing and Remote Access
Secondary Logon
Security Accounts Manager
Server
Shell Hardware Detection
SI Tomcat
SI Transbase
System Event Notification
System Restore Service
Task Scheduler
TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper
Themes
Windows Audio
Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework
Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)
Windows Image Acquisition (WIA)
Windows Management Instrumentation
Windows Time
Wireless Zero Configuration
Workstation
wscsvc

When I click on that last one, an error pops up saying the specified device instance handle does not correspond to a present device.
Computer Specs

01-May-2012, 09:24 AM #9
Go back to Start - Run - SERVICES.MSC - OK.

Change the "startup type" in these service entries to Manual:

##Id_String1.6844F930_1628_4223_B5CC_5BB94B879762##

AST Service

CAILI

Canon Camera Access Library 8

CarboniteService

Computer Browser

Distributed Link Tracking Client

Error Reporting Service

Google Update Service (gupdate)

Help and Support

InCD Helper

Intuit Update Service

Intuit Update Service v4

IPSEC Services

Java Quick Starter

Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service

Lexar Secure II

LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service

Microsoft .NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319_X86

MotoHelper Service

Nero Registry InCD Service

Routing and Remote Access

Secondary Logon

SI Tomcat

SI Transbase

TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper

Note: The "startup type" in these service entries should be on Automatic:

Network Connections

Security Center

After you're all done, restart the computer.

Wait for it to completely settle down from the restart.

Do NOT open any windows or start any programs.

Go back into the services list.

If any service entry with its "startup type" currently set on Manual shows a status of "started", change it to Automatic.

If any service entry with its "startup type" currently set on Automatic does NOT show a status of "started", change it to Manual.

After you're all done, restart the computer again.

Wait for it to completely settle down from the restart.

Do NOT open any windows or start any programs.

Go back into the services list.

If all went well, only those service entries with their "startup type" on Automatic should show a status of "started".

------------------------------------------------
Computer Specs

01-May-2012, 09:25 AM #10
Get rid of Lavasoft Ad-Aware.

Use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.61.0.1400 and SUPERAntiSpyware 5.0.0.1148 for finding and removing malware, spyware, rogues, hijackers, etc.. They're user-friendly and work well together and are well recommended here.

Computer Specs
Member with 653 posts.

06-May-2012, 12:39 AM #11
Ok, I made the manual changes you listed and now only those with it set to "auto" are started. Also removed AdAware. The computer took about 3 minutes 50 seconds to start up and settle down. Still a lot though. It only took about a little over a minute to get to the desktop, but with no icons and it was still working.... so a little under 3 minutes later the desktop was all set. I do have Malwarebytes, but its icon is not starting automatically even though the service called "mbam service" is set on auto and running. When I started the program manually it said its database was outdated, so it is not going on by itself. Also, Carbonite service is listed as auto and running but its task bar icon for the info center was not. It seems like the backup program did not start till I manually started it from the programs list.

**Update, When I go into msconfig startup tab, i see that Carboite User Interface is not checked, and neither is mbamgui - Malwarebytes' user interface. So if i check these to start up, I think that would solve that?

Last edited by BML; 06-May-2012 at 12:55 AM..
Computer Specs

06-May-2012, 04:12 AM #12
The free version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and SUPERAntiSpyware do NOT need to be checked in the startup list because they don't have "real time" monitoring, so there's no need for them to auto-start and run.

Their entries(MBAM Service and SAS Core Service) in the services list should be left on Automatic.

Manually start them once a week, then update their definition files, then run a quick scan with them, then select and remove everything they find.

That's all you need to do with them to keep your computer protected from malware, spyware, rogues, hijackers, etc..

-----------------------------------------------------------

If you want Carbonite to auto-start and run in the background instead of manually starting it when needed, that's fine.

A drop from 7 minutes 30 seconds to 3 minutes 50 seconds to startup and settle down is a good improvement.

Computer Specs

06-May-2012, 04:17 AM #13
Go here and click the green "Download latest version" link to download and save HiJackThis 2.0.4

After it's been downloaded and saved, close all open windows first, then double-click the saved file to install it.

Allow it to install in its default location - C:\Program Files.

After it's been installed, start it and allow its main window to load.

Uncheck "Do not show this window when I start HiJackThis".

Click "Do a system scan and save a log file".

When the scan is finished in 30 - 60 seconds, a log file will appear.

Save that log file.

Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the entire log file here.

Computer Specs
Member with 653 posts.

07-May-2012, 01:22 AM #14
Ok, here's the log:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 12:20:17 AM, on 5/7/2012
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\AvastSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Carbonite\Carbonite Backup\carboniteservice.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\crypserv.exe
C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\vssvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\itype.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Carbonite\Carbonite Backup\CarboniteUI.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\dllhost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
C:\Program Files\Outlook-QuoteFix\outlook-quotefix.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\UWA\AAM Updates Notifier.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HiJackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local;192.168.*.*
R3 - URLSearchHook: BitTorrentBar Toolbar - {88c7f2aa-f93f-432c-8f0e-b7d85967a527} - C:\Program Files\BitTorrentBar\prxtbBit2.dll
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: Idea2 SidebarBrowserMonitor Class - {45AD732C-2CE2-4666-B366-B2214AD57A49} - C:\Program Files\Desktop Sidebar\sbhelp.dll
O2 - BHO: RoboForm BHO - {724d43a9-0d85-11d4-9908-00400523e39a} - C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\roboform.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In SSV Helper - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: BitTorrentBar - {88c7f2aa-f93f-432c-8f0e-b7d85967a527} - C:\Program Files\BitTorrentBar\prxtbBit2.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O3 - Toolbar: BitTorrentBar Toolbar - {88c7f2aa-f93f-432c-8f0e-b7d85967a527} - C:\Program Files\BitTorrentBar\prxtbBit2.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &RoboForm - {724d43a0-0d85-11d4-9908-00400523e39a} - C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\roboform.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [lauchsrv] C:\WINDOWS\lauchsrv.exe i
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [itype] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro\itype.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [APSDaemon] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\APSDaemon.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\pchealth\helpctr\Binaries\MSCONFIG.EXE /auto
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware] "C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe" /starttray
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Carbonite Backup] C:\Program Files\Carbonite\Carbonite Backup\CarboniteUI.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: ColorVisionStartup.lnk = C:\Program Files\ColorVision\Utility\ColorVisionStartup.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: Customize Menu - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComCustomizeIEMenu.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Fill Forms - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComFillForms.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: RoboForm Toolbar - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComShowToolbar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Save Forms - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComSavePass.html
O9 - Extra button: Subscribe in Desktop Sidebar - {09FE188B-6E85-479e-9411-51FB2220DF80} - C:\Program Files\Desktop Sidebar\sbhelp.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Subscribe in Desktop Sidebar - {09FE188B-6E85-479e-9411-51FB2220DF80} - C:\Program Files\Desktop Sidebar\sbhelp.dll
O9 - Extra button: Fill Forms - {320AF880-6646-11D3-ABEE-C5DBF3571F46} - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComFillForms.html
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Fill Forms - {320AF880-6646-11D3-ABEE-C5DBF3571F46} - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComFillForms.html
O9 - Extra button: Save - {320AF880-6646-11D3-ABEE-C5DBF3571F49} - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComSavePass.html
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Save Forms - {320AF880-6646-11D3-ABEE-C5DBF3571F49} - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComSavePass.html
O9 - Extra button: RoboForm - {724d43aa-0d85-11d4-9908-00400523e39a} - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComShowToolbar.html
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: RoboForm Toolbar - {724d43aa-0d85-11d4-9908-00400523e39a} - file://C:\Program Files\Siber Systems\AI RoboForm\RoboFormComShowToolbar.html
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {7530BFB8-7293-4D34-9923-61A11451AFC5} - http://download.eset.com/special/eos/OnlineScanner.cab
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Browseui preloader - {438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\browseui.dll
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Component Categories cache daemon - {8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\browseui.dll
O23 - Service: Adobe Flash Player Update Service (AdobeFlashPlayerUpdateSvc) - Adobe Systems Incorporated - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe
O23 - Service: AST Service (astcc) - Nalpeiron Ltd. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ASTSRV.EXE
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - AVAST Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\AvastSvc.exe
O23 - Service: ##Id_String1.6844F930_1628_4223_B5CC_5BB94B879762## (Bonjour Service) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: CAILI - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\caili.exe
O23 - Service: CarboniteService - Carbonite, Inc. (www.carbonite.com) - C:\Program Files\Carbonite\Carbonite Backup\carboniteservice.exe
O23 - Service: Canon Camera Access Library 8 (CCALib8) - Canon Inc. - C:\Program Files\Canon\CAL\CALMAIN.exe
O23 - Service: Crypkey License - CrypKey (Canada) Ltd. - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\crypserv.exe
O23 - Service: FLEXnet Licensing Service - Macrovision Europe Ltd. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe
O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdate) (gupdate) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdatem) (gupdatem) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: InCD Helper (InCDsrv) - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\InCD\InCDsrv.exe
O23 - Service: Intuit Update Service (IntuitUpdateService) - Intuit Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\Update Service\IntuitUpdateService.exe
O23 - Service: Intuit Update Service v4 (IntuitUpdateServiceV4) - Intuit Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\Update Service v4\IntuitUpdateService.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Lexar Secure II (LxrSII1s) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\LxrSII1s.exe
O23 - Service: MBAMService - Malwarebytes Corporation - C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
O23 - Service: MotoHelper Service (MotoHelper) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Motorola\MotoHelper\MotoHelperService.exe
O23 - Service: Nero Registry InCD Service (NeroRegInCDSrv) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\InCD\NBHRegInCDSrv.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: NMIndexingService - Nero AG - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Update Service Daemon (nvUpdatusService) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA Update Core\daemonu.exe
O23 - Service: SI Tomcat (SITomcat) - Alexandria Software Consulting - C:\Program Files\GM SPO\eSI\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1\bin\tomcat.exe
O23 - Service: SI Transbase (SITransbase) - TransAction Software, D 81737 Munich - C:\Program Files\GM SPO\eSI\Transbase\tbmux32.exe

--
End of file - 10218 bytes
Computer Specs

07-May-2012, 09:30 AM #15
Start HiJackThis, then click "Do a system scan only".

After the scan is finished in about 30 - 60 seconds, put a checkmark in these log entries:

R3 - URLSearchHook: BitTorrentBar Toolbar - {88c7f2aa-f93f-432c-8f0e-b7d85967a527} - C:\Program Files\BitTorrentBar\prxtbBit2.dll

O2 - BHO: BitTorrentBar - {88c7f2aa-f93f-432c-8f0e-b7d85967a527} - C:\Program Files\BitTorrentBar\prxtbBit2.dll

O3 - Toolbar: BitTorrentBar Toolbar - {88c7f2aa-f93f-432c-8f0e-b7d85967a527} - C:\Program Files\BitTorrentBar\prxtbBit2.dll

O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

After you confirm that you selected the correct log entries, click "Fix Checked - Yes".

Close HiJackThis.

--------------------------------------------------

Start Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

Click "Updates(tab) - Check for Updates".

When the definition files have updated, click "OK".

Click "Scanner(tab) - Perform quick scan - Scan".

If infections or problems are found during the scan, the number of them will be highlighted in red.

When the scan is finished, click "Show Results".

Make sure that EVERYTHING is selected, then click "Remove Selected".

If you're prompted to restart to finish the removal process, click "Yes".

Start Malwarebytes Anti-Malware again.

Click "Logs"(tab).

Highlight the scan log entry, then click "Open".

When the scan log appears in Notepad, copy-and-paste it here.

Start SUPERAntiSpyware.

Click "Check for Updates".

When the definition files have updated, click "Close".

Select the "Quick Scan" option, then click "Scan your Computer".

If infections or problems are found during the scan, a list will appear and the number of them will be highlighted in red.

When the scan is finished and the scan summary window appears, click "Continue".

Make sure that EVERYTHING in the list is selected, then click "Remove Threats".

Click "OK - Finish".

If you're prompted to restart to finish the removal process, do so.

Start SUPERAntiSpyware again.

Click "View Scan Logs".

Highlight the scan log entry, then click "View Selected Log".

When the scan log appears in Notepad, copy-and-paste it here.

As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
load, startup

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!