Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Isass error

(!)

Member with 14 posts.

01-May-2012, 11:49 PM #1
Question Isass error
I am runnng Windows XP, on a acer aspire 1690 when I start up I get the error message, "lsass.exe. system error". in the box it says when trying to update this return status indicates that the value provided as the current password is not correct.

It then closes down and starts up again and I get the message and it will not start up!! it keeps going round and round. It does the same in safe mode. I have tried to press f8 and install windows from the discs but this does not work. My XP is on a partition. I have no floppy drive on my pc. What do I do??

My acer has a intel processor1.50 ghz my bios version is old but i have noway of updating it without windows os starting, also i try to do a full recovery with the recovery cds that came with the pc but freezes on the first cd everytime i even installed a new hard drive but the same thing happens it always freezes after placing the first cd of 3 it says warning all data will be want to procced i say yes and it stops working
Computer Specs
Moderator with 51,993 posts.

Experience: "Been through the mill."
02-May-2012, 12:53 AM #2
The next thing to check is memory. Don't try to update the BIOS. You could end up with a fancy boat anchor.

Memory Testing (including bootable CD's and floppies):

Memtest86
MemScope (Floppy and CD images.)
Roadkil's RAM Test
Microsoft Memory Test (floppy or CD ISO image)

If you have enough memory sticks, you can test them by removing one at a time and see if the problem disappears.

If you are running Vista or 7, tap F8 on boot and choose the memory diagnostic, or if you can boot up, go to Start > Search and type:

mdsched.exe

Choose to run a memory diagnostic on next boot. Or, you can boot from the DVD and run it from there.
Member with 14 posts.

02-May-2012, 09:05 PM #3
i will try the memory test
Member with 14 posts.

02-May-2012, 09:29 PM #4
i tried the memory test by taking out the sticks and putting one in at a time but nothing all still the same i can not but to windows no matter what i do
Member with 14 posts.

02-May-2012, 09:33 PM #5
What could be causing the "lsass.exe. system error".i have checked on the bios and there is no passwords but just before the desktop starts to load i get the message "when trying to update this return status indicates that the value provided as the current password is not correct".then windows shuts down and the boot starts all over again
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!