Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

!! Unmountable Boot Volume !! Windows XP

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Beginner
15-May-2012, 07:57 AM #1
Exclamation !! Unmountable Boot Volume !! Windows XP
3/15/2012

OK. heres how it all began.
I woke up played skyrim....maybe for like 30 minutes. i Got alittle bored. so i decided to shut it down.
So i exited the game then went to the desktop. start menu then shut down.
i Pressed the shut down button. while it was on the "windows is shutting down" part. i immediately Turned off my AVR While it was still on the "windows is shutting down" part.

So i turned off the AVR While it was not yet completely shut down.
A few minutes after i stopped. i decided to play again. it all started fine...until after the Windows is loading part.
This..Blue screen went out. "Unmountable Boot Volume" And i thought it was just my Hard drive Loose.
So i opened up my CPU. And fixed the wiring's and tried again.
Again it was fine. then the Blue screen came out again.
So... i realized My Hard drive is corrupted or some part of it is.
And i dont know how to Fix problems like this.

Please help. Thanks.
Computer Specs
Member with 3 posts.

15-May-2012, 08:19 AM #2
Help!!
Member with 142 posts.

15-May-2012, 09:05 AM #3
I think either the file system is damaged or boot.ini is corrupt or a bad disk drive. Did you try the fix mentioned in this MS KB ? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555302

Since you are looking for a quicker solution, you may try a search in google for "unmountable boot volume" you will find many solutions.
Computer Specs
Member with 3 posts.

15-May-2012, 09:23 AM #4
I did that. I found lots of solution.
They say the only cure to this Problem is using recovery in my Windows XP Installer. or Using command prompt on safe mode.

When i try accessing Safemode/Commandprompt/Network Blue screen comes out 000007B something.
So that doesent work.

So i tried the Recovery thing on my Disc. I Inserted the Disc. I set first boot to my DVD ROM Then restarted.

When my Comp tries to boot the disc it says BootMGR or MGR is missing or undetected... so even the "Only" cure for this is not working... Any other options? Or is it dead and i need to buy a new Hard drive??

I also tried it on a USB Flash Drive. Didnt work too. Please reply. Thanks.
Member with 142 posts.

15-May-2012, 01:21 PM #5
I am not an hardware expert, but have some experience in handling these types of hard disk issues.
Once option is to purchase a new hard drive and put the old one as secondary/slave disk and format the C:\ partition in the old drive. You current drive is still usable and only thing is the boot partition or some sector is corrupt. Formatting the c: partition will help. I dont know if you have multiple partitions on the drive.
Member with 1 posts.

17-Jun-2012, 03:58 PM #6
Had the same issue, tried everything i found on the web, nothing worked. Downloaded SeaTools to check the samsung hard drive.
This diagnostic tool told me the hard drive was damaged beyond repair.

I didn't want to give up that easy and tried a recovery tool from LSOFT, called ' Active@ BootDisk(Live CD)'.

Burned it to a cd, booted the system up and tadaa!!! Immediately had access to all the files and folders on the hdd.
Saved them to an external hdd and after that i used the ' partition recovery tool ' that comes with the software.

This ran for about an hour. I then rebooted, windows performed a chkdsk all by itself (only took a few seconds) and after that the pc booted like nothing had ever happened to it.
All the files were there and everything worked fine!

A week later now and the system runs like new!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
boot, unmountable, unmountable volume boot, volume boot, volume unmoutnable.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!