Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

My computer wont boot xp sp3 cds it boots of xp sp2 cds but not xp sp 3 why ????

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 9 posts.

Experience: Computer Illiterate
16-May-2012, 05:33 AM #1
Exclamation My computer wont boot xp sp3 cds it boots of xp sp2 cds but not xp sp 3 why ????
MY COMPUTER WONT BOOT XP SP3 CDS IT BOOTS OF XP SP2 CDS BUT NOT XP SP 3 WHY ????

PLEASE HELP I NEED TOO INSTALL FRESH COPY OF XP SP 3

URGENT HELP REQUIRED IVE TRIED EVERYTHING THE SP3 CDS IM USING IS PERFECTLY BOOTING AT MY FRIENDS COMPUTER SO IT CNT BE A CD FAULT AND IT CANT BE A CD OR DVD ROM FAULT BEACUSE IVE TRIED 3 DIFFERENT DRIVES ALL THE SAME PROBLEM BOOTING OF XP SP2 BUT NOT XP SP3

PLEASE HELP ????
SUEOHIO   (SUE) SUEOHIO is offline SUEOHIO has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 3,684 posts.

Experience: Advanced
16-May-2012, 10:31 AM #2
You didnt mention what brand and model of computer you have.Im going to take a wild guess at this and ask you is it by any chance an IBM thinkpad in the R series? The reason im asking is that i had a thinkpad either an R52 or R60 i think that pulled that same trick on me.I got fed up with that craziness because i also wanted to change it to xp pro with SP3 and it wouldnt do it.I said the heck with it and got rid of the computer.I found out later that something had to be changed or flashed or updated in the BIOS to have it accept SP3.It was some kind of glitch in all of those models that caused them not to recognize sp3 for some strange reason.If it isnt that brand or model you might want to find out if there is any known problems like that with your computer and maybe take it somewhere and have it sorted out.
Computer Specs
Member with 9 posts.

16-May-2012, 03:44 PM #3
it is an old desktop pc when i auto detect at lenovo support it says i have
NetVista personal computer (8307-JNU)

Based on 8307-62U: Intel Pentium 4 2.53GHz (512KB), 512MB, 40GB 7200RPM IDE HDD, PCI Microtower (4x5), ATI Radeon 7000 64MB 4x AGP, 32x10x40x16x CD-RW/DVD combo, Intel 10/100 Ethernet, Windows 2000

these are my complete specs
Computer Specs
Member with 9 posts.

16-May-2012, 03:46 PM #4
i too think it is a BIOS related issue do you know how i can fix it llike tell me how too do a BIOS flash or update or i could just install sp2 and then update too sp3
Computer Specs
Member with 3,684 posts.

16-May-2012, 04:01 PM #5
If you dont know what you are doing flashing or updating a bios wrong will make the computer be an expensive doorstop.You can put in sp2 to install it then go download sp3 and install that.However for a more permanent fix you might want to have it looked at and see what can be done.Ive not heard of any desktops having that problem but apparently yours does.If you can get it all sorted out you might see if you can bump up the ram to at least 1gb so it will run faster.
Computer Specs
Member with 9 posts.

17-May-2012, 12:46 AM #6
ok sure ill increase the ram and then see what happens ...

thanks man
Computer Specs
Member with 3,684 posts.

17-May-2012, 03:04 AM #7
You are welcome.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!