Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Error message: _except_handler4_common

(!)

Member with 4 posts.

30-May-2012, 01:36 AM #1
Arrow Error message: _except_handler4_common
After using the recovery disc and re-installing the programs on my computer, my Photoshop CS5 wouldn't work.
I get this error message: The procedure entry point _except_handler4_common could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll

Before this, I have no problem with using Photoshop CS5. In fact I never had a problem like this before.

I already downloaded msvcrt.dll and extracted to Windows/system32 and rebooted, but it's still the same. I checked the net for solutions and the most common one is that they think this problem is caused by dwmapi.dll so they advised to delete it, but that's not the case in mine. Some people said I should updgrade and install latest updates, so I tried that too. I was using XP SP1, so I upgraded to SP2 but I get the same error message.
Then I upgraded to SP3, still getting the error message.

All my work is on Photoshop and I am just tired and scared it wont work on my PC anymore
Please guys, any help would be appreciated!
Member with 131 posts.

Experience: Advanced
30-May-2012, 02:26 AM #2
I'd uninstall photoshop and reinstall it. The problem appears to be with photoshop itself so there's not to much you can do but work with it. Have you tried contacting adobe about the problem?
Member with 4 posts.

30-May-2012, 02:29 AM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPCS View Post
I'd uninstall photoshop and reinstall it. The problem appears to be with photoshop itself so there's not to much you can do but work with it. Have you tried contacting adobe about the problem?
I tried but all they tell me is to update my system first. I just updated to SP3 today so... I'll try to uninstall/reinstall it, but like I said I never had this problem before.
Could it be because I did a recovery?
Member with 4 posts.

30-May-2012, 02:32 AM #4
And btw just now, when I tried to download the flash player plug-in for my browser (Opera), the same error message appeared.
Member with 131 posts.

Experience: Advanced
30-May-2012, 04:20 AM #5
May be windows problem? You might try sfc /scannow from the command prompt and see if it finds any corrupt or missing windows system files.
Member with 4 posts.

30-May-2012, 04:26 AM #6
I'm not sure ...
And my computer knowledge is not that advanced.. How do you do sfc/scannow? Just type it in cmd?
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
sony vaio, windows xp, _except_handler4_common

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!