Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

CHKDSK will not execute on boot-time

(!)

Member with 4 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
05-Jul-2012, 02:38 AM #1
Exclamation CHKDSK will not execute on boot-time
Hello, and thanks in advance for taking your time reading. My main problem passed undetected until now, in which I tried playing a game which normally runs softly, but now was all choppy. Normally, when I have similar problems, I run a defrag, clean my temporals, and run a boot-time CHKDSK, after which things are normally back to good as new. Nevertheless, I found out I COULDN'T do it this time. Each time I programmed the boot-time CHKDSK, I rebooted and it would not even show the bluescreen, it would simply skip directly to WindowsXP. The problem is on my C drive, which is my system drive (hence the need for the boot CHKDSK). My computer is an AMD Phenom II X2 550 at 3.11GHz, with 3GB RAM, and 2 500GB hard disks. I'm running Windows XP Service Pack 3 with COMODO Internet Security as it's main firewall/antivirus. I didn't had any similar problem since it's very installation, more than a year ago.

The registry entry says:
BootExecute RE_MULTI_SZ autocheck autochk /p \??\C: autocheck autochk*

In advance, thanks for reading. Any help will be much appreciated.
PD: I already tried the fsutil command and it marks no errors. I can defrag normally my hardrive. I also tried the sfc /scannow command with no luck either. I installed the Recovery Console and managed to execute CHKDSK /r per suggestion of another person, and while it took eternity and said it had fixed some errors (it wasn't explicit at all), the main problem persists.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
chkdsk, windows xp 32-bit

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!