Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

editing registry now mouse and keyboard are not working

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Beginner
08-Jul-2012, 08:26 AM #1
Question editing registry now mouse and keyboard are not working
Hi, my Fujitsu Siemens crashed and I had a new "old" driver installed. All af a sudden my CD/DVD drive diissapeared. The light on the cd slot that opens doesn/t light up anymore. I tried to fix the problem and erase the registry-key HKEY-LOCALMACHINE>System>CurrentControLset>Control>Class>{4D36E96F-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}>uPPERfILTERS.
I went to regedit and erased Every Upperfulter under this number I could get. Could not find the lower filters they spoke of. After rebooting, the mouse and keybord are not working. I cannot log in in Safe mode. I tried the dubble click of the tab key. Tried the Ctrl/Alt and delete key. Nothing. I need help. Also, after reinstalling the new driver, my computer kept on giving me a blue screen saying windows detect a problem and needs to start over. I cannot use a cd, because the cd rom doesn't open and there is no response even after opening the rom manually and inserting a cd. Please help. I am useing my husbands laptop to post these questions
SUEOHIO   (SUE) SUEOHIO is offline SUEOHIO has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 3,684 posts.

Experience: Advanced
08-Jul-2012, 09:36 AM #2
Unless someone knows what they are doing changing anything in a registry isnt really a good idea as it can cause a lot more problems then solve them.If the registry is damaged enough by cleaners etc, the only thing left to do is do a repair or a reinstall.It might be that the cd/dvd drive is toast and needs replaced and altering the registry isnt going to fix that.When you said the computer crashed im going to assume that another harddrive was installed.Changing harddrives isnt going to make a cd/dvd drive disappear that i know of unless the driver for the cd player was deleted somehow by accident.
Computer Specs
Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Beginner
09-Jul-2012, 10:20 AM #3
I know it is stupid to play around with the registry, but I was so tired of struggling to get my computer to work. A few people had mentioned that they had the same problem that the computer does not detect the cd/dvd drive anymore for no reason, and I just follow their advice on different site that I found on Google/ I just want to restore my computer to an earlier date to fix this problem, but with the cursor stuck I do not know what to do. I opened it i safe mode, but cannot select an action because of the stuck cursor, and the keys does not respon either. Cannot reinstall or use recovery CD because dc driver is not working. Please tell me there is a solution!!!:
SUEOHIO   (SUE) SUEOHIO is offline SUEOHIO has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 3,684 posts.

Experience: Advanced
09-Jul-2012, 03:30 PM #4
All i can tell you if the cd/dvd drive isnt working right or not being detected then its probably had it and just replace it as they arent worth fixing.Or you can buy an external cd/dvd player/ burner that plugs into a usb port. i bought one yrs ago and it worked great till i could replace the cd drive.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!