Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

My Old PC aint starting up...

(!)

Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Beginner
13-Jul-2012, 07:50 AM #1
My Old PC aint starting up...
I have a P4 PC .. which has XP installed in it ..
Its has P4 .. and 512 of RAM ..
recently there was some renovation in my home .. so i had removed all the wiring and kept it aside ..
but later on .. i connected all the wires properly .. and i started my PC .. it did start .. i was backing up my data from my old PC ..
but after few days .. my PC aint starting up .. i turn on the button of the CPU .. it does get turn on(the lights come) .. the CPU fan also starts .. but i am not able to see anything on the monitor..
i think there is no connection between my old monitor and the CPU/Cabinet .. i tried connecting it to my new LED monitor .. but then came to know it isnt the VGA cable or monitor's fault ..

when i power on there is no beeps of hardware failure .. it just doesnt show up anything on my monitor .. the monitor's power keeps on blinking ..

any suggestions appreciated
Computer Specs
Member with 5,506 posts.

15-Jul-2012, 03:38 PM #2
reseat the graphics card in it's slot
plug in the VGA cable on both ends again.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
intel p4, windows xp

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!