Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Occasional, random black screen with display driver error.

(!)

Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Beginner
15-Jul-2012, 02:38 PM #1
Occasional, random black screen with display driver error.
Yesterday my computer shut down and restarted with a message that read "Serious error: Display driver error." I followed many of the options the error message directed me to such as updating my display driver (Radeon x300) and doing many other updates that Windows had recommended; along with diagnostic tests that led me to no conclusions. I have not had the display driver error message pop up since, however when (and if) the computer does restart I am only able to me on the computer for a limited amount of time as the screen turns black and the monitor light turns amber. Sometimes it will switch back to green and eventually come back again; but other times it does not. In addition, whether or not this is unrelated I don't know, when I restart the computer a message appears saying "Drive 3 not found Press F1 to continue, or F2 to setup."

I'm not the greatest with computers but I'm sure I could follow along easy enough with some layman's terms. After being 2 days into trying to solve the issue, any advice or suggestions are much appreciated. I'm happy to provide any more information if anyone needs it.

Operating system: Windows XP Dell 3PD1771
Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Beginner
15-Jul-2012, 02:40 PM #2
P.S
Also, when I reboot the tower makes 2 short beeps.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
black screen, display driver error

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!