Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

virtual disk serviced has disappeared from services list. and cannot install w7

(!)

Member with 6 posts.

20-Jul-2012, 10:18 PM #1
Exclamation virtual disk serviced has disappeared from services list. and cannot install w7
Hello everyone! I have the following problem:

A few weeks ago. I deleted some strange sftw from my "add or remove programs, on my W7 OS that I had installed. I did this with an ISO that I had copied onto my computer because I'm always loosing my CDs and I don't want to handle them a lot in case I brake them or scratch them.. Now, I started having some problems trying to install some other softwares , ever since I erased that previous unknown one. So, I've decided to format and re install the OS . Again with the ISO because I don't want to be handling the CD. And the first time around it started the installation, the copying files part was going fine, but when it came to install the files etc, the window close down. So I formatted and try with an XP version (32bit) this I Did with the CD which went just fine. Next thing I do because I sensed something weird was going on was to go and installed the w7 with the ISO again only to find that when the installing software had to reboot for the first time it would stop the installation and pop an error that read that couldn't retrieve information on disks. So I look up a solution on google, and it says that I had to turn the "virtual disk service" on my services list to AUTOMATIC, to my surprise I cannot find that particular service anywhere. So I thought "maythis has something to do with my mother board drivers?" so I tried to install with the CD . And the software opened, but after a little while onto installation, it self re booted. And popped an error. Now... This never happened on previous times, so before taking other steps, and trying to install with the CD. Is there anyone out there who's able to help me? I'm running wXP 32bit professional edition. On a gigabyte double bios mother board (g41m-es2l)
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

20-Jul-2012, 11:19 PM #2
Your post would be easier to read with complete sentences and paragraphs.

If you want to install Windows 7, put the original DVD in the drive, and boot from it.
Member with 6 posts.

21-Jul-2012, 12:27 PM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleHelix View Post
Your post would be easier to read with complete sentences and paragraphs.

If you want to install Windows 7, put the original DVD in the drive, and boot from it.
DoubleHelix : I am eventually take the original DVD out and install from there. BUT there's obviously something wrong with my computer.
I apologise for my readability on my first post. I'm writing from my blackberry and it's not exactly easy when one is hurried.
If you read again the message at a slow pace you will notice that I mention that I was not able to install the drivers of my mothervoard and also, that the service named " virtual disk" was not showing up on the services list, as expected.

Therefore, I first want fix whatever it is that's causing such problem, before I install W7.

P.s: English is my second language, and I notice a lot of mistakes on my first post. I did not double check before uploading it.

I hope someone can help me. Thank you in advance.

21-Jul-2012, 03:05 PM #4
There's no point in fixing problems with Windows XP if you want to install Windows 7. Everything will be wiped out.
Member with 6 posts.

21-Jul-2012, 03:16 PM #5
Alright, but what about the vds on services.MSc that its not showing up?? Is that going to be magically fixed? Because I did format 3 times and nothing happened to it. Never showed up.

21-Jul-2012, 03:19 PM #6
Windows 7 is a different operating system, and none of the Windows XP files or services will exist after you install it.

If you had exactly the same problem doing 3 clean Windows XP installs, you probably have a bad Windows XP installation disk.
Member with 6 posts.

21-Jul-2012, 03:23 PM #7
Alrighty then, I'll install 7 straight from the DVD. Thank you.
Member with 6 posts.

23-Jul-2012, 11:42 PM #8
Hello again! I've tried booting from the w7 nothing happens! It goes directly to wXP, so i've tried double clicking the DVD drive, and starts a little slow. It took a considerable amount of time to copy files, and when it came to restart itslef...the same error message came on "windows could not retrieve information about the disks on the computer" what now...?

24-Jul-2012, 04:45 AM #9
Where did you get these Windows disks? Are they legal, full retail disks? Either the disks are shot (or illegal) or you have some kind of serous hardware problem.
Member with 6 posts.

24-Jul-2012, 04:00 PM #10
Hello. Yes They are. I have fixed it. I cleaned my DVDs, cleaned and reconnected
every hardware, and finally deleted the partitioned space for the os and re allocated. It worked. Thanks for your time. Appreciated it.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!