Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

My computer stuck on Wallpaper

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 4 posts.

Experience: Beginner
25-Jul-2012, 12:03 AM #1
My computer stuck on Wallpaper
My computer is stuck On the wallpaper and no deckshop icons or the start button . Only the mouse and I tried to right click and it doesn't show up . I also tried Crtl+Alt+Del also didn't work , I also tried Ctrl+Alt+Esc also didn't work and I also tried F8 when i would restart my computer and it would be stuck on a black screen and a little line at the left top . And it's been like this for days, also before this all happend I downloaded this file called Flypn or something like that and my anti- virus detected that it was virus and it deleted it but I still saw the file so I deleted it by myself and this happend. Help? And it wOnt do any thing if I press anything on the keyboard .
waqas-tariq waqas-tariq is offline waqas-tariq has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 29 posts.

25-Jul-2012, 06:30 AM #2
Well in case if you are able to open up your taskmanager just you have to go to new task and type explore.exe. That will load up your icons and start menu.
Computer Specs
Member with 4 posts.

25-Jul-2012, 01:40 PM #3
I don't even have a menu bar at the bottom , and I can't right click
Computer Specs
Member with 540 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
25-Jul-2012, 04:29 PM #4
I think you have hosed your computer but you might try this.

USE SYSTEM RESTORE WHEN YOU CAN'T BOOT YOUR COMPUTER
If your system has failed to the point where you cannot access the Windows GUI either through booting normally or through safe mode, you may still have the chance to use the System Restore feature if you have it enabled, by running it from the command prompt. To do this:

Restart your computer and press F8 after the POST screen to bring up the Windows XP boot menu. Choose 'boot in safe mode with command prompt.'
If your system gets to the command prompt successfully, type '%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe' and then press enter. Follow the onscreen instructions to restore your computer to a previous saved point.
Computer Specs
Member with 4 posts.

25-Jul-2012, 06:54 PM #5
Thanks you but I can't understand half of what your saying (:
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!