Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Arrangement order when saving all messed up..

(!)

Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
04-Aug-2012, 09:23 AM #1
Arrangement order when saving all messed up..
Hi

I have noticed today that something has changed.

I am using Photoshop CS 5 on Windows XP Pro.

When saving images for web (for my proofing system i do which is saving photos of cars i.e CAR-10_01, _02 and so on then CAR-22_01, _02 and so on when i get to the part of selecting where to save i notice each time i save photos they are now appearing in the order they are saved as apposed to the order of name of the photo like they used to.

I have tried going to the folder and arranging by name it works in the folder fine, I have tried doing that on the small window when saving through PS it shows the files in order by name then but when i go to save the next photo it goes straight back to arranging them by modification which is a pain as certain files in this case care numbers are appearing all jumbled up as apposed to in car number order.

I have tried everything i can think of but it keeps reverting back to showing me them in order of time i have saved the files. Last week it was not doing this and i was seeing them in order of file name.

I hope this makes sense and someone can help me please?

Regards,
Jon
Computer Specs
Moderator with 52,565 posts.

04-Aug-2012, 10:00 AM #2
what folder are you using

Most windows folders Documents, Pictures, Videos , music etc have a standard default
Goto your Pictures folder (note - NOT the library).
apply all the settings you want to
then use the Organize button,
select >folder and search
Select >view tab,
>apply to folder button
> then Ok
Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
05-Aug-2012, 07:24 PM #3
For each event i do i create a new folder within the folder containing all my images. e.g( Event a folder inside i have 1 folder 'Photos' another folder 'Proofs' another 'Processed')
When i view these folders and click to arrange by either name, size, type or modified whatever i click is what i get, That part of viewing is fine.
The problem occurs when using Photoshop to save to any folder it just sees the order of the images i am saving into the folder 'Proofs' as a modified arrange which is no good to me as i need to see them by name so they are all in order.
When in Photoshop saving i click to arrange by name it works but as soon as i go to save the next image the order is back to arranged by modified.

Regards,
Jon
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!