Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Need Help! NDA Error: Failed to Initialize Script Engine

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
17-Aug-2012, 12:36 PM #1
Solved: Need Help! NDA Error: Failed to Initialize Script Engine
I recently uninstalled Avast free anti virus software from my computer. Now when I boot up I get an error message that reads NDA Error: Failed to initialize Script Engine for Javascript. So it seems now that Javascript is not running because I am limited to what I can do while surfing the web, buttons do not work when clicked, certain web pages do not load, my computer's search funtion displays a blank page, etc. I googled the error message and didn't come up with much other than one person had the problem and stated that it had to do with Internet Explorer not having information listed (version, cipher strength, product ID) in its About Internet Explorer section under Internet Explorer Help section, and my IE8 does not have information listed either. So I downloaded IE8 without uninstalling the original IE8 that I was already running to see if it would update the info and it did not. I also downloaded a newer version of Javascript from Version 6 update 34 to Version 7 update 5 and still have the problem. Any help will greatly be appreciated! Please help! Thank you!Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bitProcessor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3300+, x86 Family 15 Model 12 Stepping 0Processor Count: 1RAM: 1407 MbGraphics Card: SiS 760, 128 MbHard Drives: C: Total - 299638 MB, Free - 179043 MB; D: Total - 5585 MB, Free - 331 MB;Motherboard: ASUSTek Computer INC., SalmonAntivirus: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Last edited by inspector7; 17-Aug-2012 at 03:24 PM..
Member with 1,312 posts.

17-Aug-2012, 03:44 PM #2
Have you tried registering Java?

1.) Open the command prompt
2.) Next, type: - regsvr32 C:\WINDOWS\system32\jscript.dll
3.) Next, press Enter

If that doesn't work, reinstall Windows Scripting Service.
Computer Specs
Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
17-Aug-2012, 04:34 PM #3
That seems to have fixed the problem! Thank you!
ps-the prompt works without the dash in the beginning
Member with 1,312 posts.

18-Aug-2012, 12:58 PM #4
Good to hear it solved your problem.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!