Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Hard drive not recognised

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 9 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
18-Aug-2012, 01:53 AM #1
Solved: Hard drive not recognised
Recently my computer has been running very slow. I haven't recently downloaded or installed anything, it was just all of a sudden.
I ran AVG and disk defragmenter but it did not help. I have 2 hard drives. C drive which has the operating system installed on it and D drive that has all my files (music, photos, video).
Whenever I tried to open D drive it took almost a minute for it to open and it was the same for every folder on the drive.
This was happening for the last 3 or 4 days and then just before I tried to open D drive and got the error telling me that the drive wasn't formatted and asked me if i wanted to format it. I clicked no as I didn't want to lose my files by formatting and restarted the pc and now it's not showing at all in 'my computer'.
I checked the device manager and disk management and it's not showing up on that either
How can I get my computer to recognise the drive again without losing my files?
Computer is running Windows

Just got a error message saying,
Windows - Corrupt File
Exception processing message.

After some more research, I think my hard drive has died. If so, is there any way I can recover files off a dead hard drive?

Last edited by abi900; 18-Aug-2012 at 03:36 AM.. Reason: New error message
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
drive, files, format, hard, recognise

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!