Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

MachineIdCreator startup error

(!)

Member with 8 posts.

15-May-2013, 12:11 PM #16
valis - installed RevoPro, Uninstalled, did advanced uninstall. Appears to have uninstalled everything. On restart, same MachineIdCreator error. AVG is nowhere anywhere to be found (well, somewhere something is amiss, but I don't know what/where...). I went through the registry, searching for 'avg' and found/removed a few more AVG2013 entries. The only avg remnants left are AVGeneral(xxxx) entries, which I did not touch.

MachineIdCreator error persists. Next step?

adTHANKSvance, again...
Moderator with 63,629 posts.

15-May-2013, 12:30 PM #17
btw, love the sig.....had to think, and that's always good.....

i'm buried in a bizarre outlook issue currently with outlook2010 and outlookconnector.exe; were it me, I'd back up the registry and dump those files.....but that's me, I'm comfy in the registry.
Member with 8 posts.

15-May-2013, 12:48 PM #18
valis: I'm not in a hurry....so I really appreciate your time.

When you say "dump those files" I presume you mean all entries with "AVGeneral(xxx)" style wording? I would gladly, only my thought is that these are AV_(General), not AVG_(eneral), if you know what I mean...

I wonder where the MachineIdCreator app is being called from? How/what is deciding it is needed? The AppName is MachineIdCreator.exe, but it is not on my system; likewise the ModName avguidx.dll (except under the "Search Assistant" keys when I use Windows Search to find the file)

Any suggestions?

Wow...what a deeply embedded error...not damaging, I don't think, but a PIA on startup...

Mike

Last edited by weilmd1; 16-May-2013 at 09:27 AM..
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!