Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

error reporting keeps poping up

(!)

Junior Member with 7 posts.

30-Jul-2003, 01:43 AM #1
Angry error reporting keeps poping up
hey everybody, okay im new at this and i most certainly know little about compters. i have windows xp pro, and when i turn on my comp, it keeps on restarting, safe mode with networking does work, but then i can't go online, then when i go online it works for a little bit, but then an error reporing message pops up, and it doesn't matter weather or not i choose to send the error, it terminates the program running, should i disable this, does this help? i called a technition, and he said that a file was deleted, and that i need to reinstall everything, im not sure if hes right or if he just wants my money, i just resently got internet and win xp pro and ever since, i've had all sorts of problems. My computer also keeps restarting out of nowhere, and i know that its not over heated because i just turned it on. i also tried system restore, still no results, i tried doctor watson,and it said that a long time ago there was a problem in internet explorer and save. another problem that i have is that this thing pops up saying: The instruction at "ox74706b41" referenced at "ox74706b41". The memory could not be "read" click ok to terminate the program. i do not have a back up disk, when i tried to make one, i couldn't , so i'm afraid that if i check for a virus, that if i do have one, it will delete everything, cuz i do not have virus protection other than the one provided by yahoo, for mail.......Please help me
Senior Member with 710 posts.

30-Jul-2003, 02:01 AM #2
First you need to get the machine to stop restarting on errors so that you can get a BSOD and error message.
Go to system properties (right click MyComputer > properties) > Advanced tab > under startup and recovery click settings > under System failure make sure "Write an event to the system log" is checked AND that "Automatically restart" is UNchecked. Click "OK" and reboot.

When you get your next BSOD, write down the entire STOP message.
You can post it here for help and/or check it at this resource.
http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

Here is an example of a STOP code error message, yours MAY look similar, but please write down and post the entire message.

Stop: 0x0000000A (parameter1, parameter2, parameter3, parameter4) IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL*** Address <x> has base at <x> - <filename>

30-Jul-2003, 04:29 PM #3
Unhappy still need help!
okay, i did what you told me to, only that i don't know how to get the stop message, does it just pop up? And what do i do about the error reporting on IE? It always tells me to send the error to microsoft. Does this error thing help my computer?? How do i disable this, or is it best to keep it? Please help!!!!!!!!
Member with 2,984 posts.

Experience: Advanced
30-Jul-2003, 05:52 PM #4
The error box is normal and is not causing your error. It just wants to call home if you let it. Makes no difference what you do at that point. If you feel good about sending it, then send it. It's supposed to help MS fix bugs in Windows that they may have overlooked, thus help everyone. 9 out of 10 times, the error is generate because of software issues or user error. You say heat is not a problem? If you CPU fan has quit, then less than 3 minutes after it's turned on, the CPU could overheat. RAM is another issue and your computer sounds like it may have RAM issues. But as Bulldog posted, we need to see the error you are getting. If you get the blue screen, write it down, as much as posible, and post it here. This will enlighten us here hopefully.

30-Jul-2003, 06:00 PM #5
Red face got stop error
how do i fix the problem with the ram??? do i need to reinstall all of the programs??
The stop error was : stop: Oxooooooc2 (oxooooooo7, oxooooocD4, oxoooooooo, oxFBFFFFFE),
it poped up when i tried to shut down, but when that pops up, how do i shut down?? I had to shut down manually!! Do u think that i should take the error reporting off, becasue when that happens, then i cannot go back to that program. Thank you for your help so far!!! ;really appreciate it!
Member with 2,984 posts.

Experience: Advanced
30-Jul-2003, 06:10 PM #6
error reporting or not, the program crashed and is going to shut down. RAM is "stick(s)" located inside the computer. The only sure way to check this, is to remove it, and replace it and see if your problem goes away. This can be a hassle if you have more than one RAM stick. It takes some computer experience to remove, ID, make sure they are in the proper slot, ex slot1 or 2)

30-Jul-2003, 08:07 PM #7
From the link I provided above.
0x000000C2: BAD_POOL_CALLER
(Click to consult the online Win XP Resource Kit article.)
A kernel-mode process or driver incorrectly attempted to perform memory operations. Typically, a faulty driver or buggy software causes this.
0x000000C2 {KB 265879} Win 2000, Win XP
0x000000C2: BAD_POOL_CALLER {KB 310527} Win XP (upgrading Compaq Professional Workstation AP550 from Win 2000 to XP)
Computer with ATI RAGE FURY MAXX Video Adapter Stops Responding After Upgrade to Win XP {KB 307151} Win XP

Have you installed any new software recently, or has this problem been around for awhile? (reboots that is) ?
The changes we had you make above, allows you to get an error message instead of the machine just restarting. After you copy down the entire STOP Eroor message, you restart your machine by hitting the power button.

31-Jul-2003, 06:57 PM #8
okay, yesterday, i couldn't even get online, because there is something wrong with IE, i contacted the person i bought it from,and they wan't to reinstall everthing, and their charging me 72 dollars!!! I was trying to install the software provided by SBC yahoo dsl, and evertime i put the disk in there my computer would either restart or a blue screen would pop up. Oh and i got 2 stop codes:
1st : A problem has been detected and windows has beeen shut down to prevent damage to your computer
The problem system seems to be caused by Win32K.sys
Page-Fault-in-nonpaged-area
Tech info: Stop: oxoooooo5o ( oxB867D6F4, oxoooooooo1, oxBF86339C, oxooooooo2)
win32ksystem address BF86339C base at BF800000, datestamp 3d6de5e5
2nd: Same as above,but
Bad_Pool_Caller
Tech info: stop: 0x000000c2 ( 0x00000007, 0x0000ccD4, 0x00000000, 0xFBFFFFFE)

31-Jul-2003, 07:06 PM #9
Cont: i also contacted Sbc yahoo dsl and they weren't even sure what to do!!! Since internet explorer wasn't working then that meant that their software didn't either. This is the second disk i get from them!!!!! I also called microsoft and they said for tech support over the phone it is 35 dollars, and that i should buy the disk, which is $199! Last time i tried to download IE, i couln't do it because it told me to go to add or remove programs, but nothing was there. do u think that this is all SBC's fault, because i alreday deleted there software, and they told me that when you delete something, anohter file could have been relying on that to work, the lady i spoke with told me that they were suppost to make sure that i have a disk, and they didn't!!! I feel like i'm the only one having so much trouble , im desperate, and have no where to turn but here......Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

31-Jul-2003, 07:12 PM #10
Unhappy desperate
Sorry to keep bugging, but do u guys think that the tech i took it to installed Win Xp pro wrong?? I've had tooooo many problems ever since i upgraded and i got internet, i think they are just after my $$$, please help!!!

01-Aug-2003, 03:49 AM #11
Where is your XP cd ?
Did your system come preinstalled with XP ? and does this tech guy have the disk ?

01-Aug-2003, 09:12 PM #12
The tech guy has the disk, and wants to charge me $75 dollars to reinstall everthing, and i really don't think that is neccesary!! I don't have one.......help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yesterday i couldn't go online, the only time i did was to send u guys the message, and then the error thing showed up, and i couldn't get back online!!!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!