Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

How do I create an association in the Folder Options control panel?

(!)

Member with 978 posts.

19-Dec-2003, 01:26 AM #1
How do I create an association in the Folder Options control panel?
I opened Encarta Encyclopedia 2004 and typed in "Ireland" and clicked. The "Ireland" page appeared and when I clicked on a box titled "Listen to radio from Ireland" I received the following message:

"This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel."

How do I create such an association?

I believe that this problem may have resulted from something I did last night. I downloaded a program called MYIE2 and did not like using it, so I removed it. Afterward when I clicked on my IE desktop icon I received the following message:

Program Not Found
Windows cannot find MYIE.exe. This program is needed for opening files of type 'File.' Type in the executable file to be used instead.

I figure that removing MYIE2 almost certainly caused this problem and may also be the cause of my Encarta problem described above.

Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Bill
Senior Member with 2,324 posts.

19-Dec-2003, 01:37 AM #2
You need to install that program again and then remove it cleanly by using the Add/Remove in Control Panel or else follow the instructions in any readme file that comes with it. It should restore the functionality of your Desktop IE icon when uninstalled properly.

Since this problem just started last night, you should try running System Restore and selecting a date earlier than the problem. That would be the easy out.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!