Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Windows Media Player downloading wrong track list for my CD!

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 1,207 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
09-Jun-2004, 01:50 AM #1
Question Windows Media Player downloading wrong track list for my CD!
Hi everyone. I have a CD that I sometimes listen to while playing the computer. Anyway, you know how Windows Media Player will download the track list and everything from the Internet? Well, it's downloading the right track list but the names of the tracks are not in the right order. They're all mixed up and so it's hard to tell what song I am trying to play. For example, I'll click a song to play it because I recognize the song name and it ends up playing a different song on the CD. The CD is actually a 2 CD pack called "Songs 4 Worship: Shout to the Lord The Greatest Praise & Worship Songs of All Time". I don't know if this is a problem unique to these 2 CDs or what but I have the original CDs and Windows Media Player has had this problem with these CDs ever since I first used the CDs in my computer. What can I do to fix this? I'd really appreciate any advice because apparently Windows Media Player is having an error during the download of the track list. Any advice you can provide will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Computer Specs
Gone but never forgotten with 9,807 posts.

09-Jun-2004, 04:14 AM #2
Click on this site Holly http://support.microsoft.com/default...&product=msall if they dont know who does?
Member with 214 posts.

Experience: I Know My Stuff
09-Jun-2004, 05:31 AM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly3278
Hi everyone. I have a CD that I sometimes listen to while playing the computer. Anyway, you know how Windows Media Player will download the track list and everything from the Internet? Well, it's downloading the right track list but the names of the tracks are not in the right order. They're all mixed up and so it's hard to tell what song I am trying to play. For example, I'll click a song to play it because I recognize the song name and it ends up playing a different song on the CD. The CD is actually a 2 CD pack called "Songs 4 Worship: Shout to the Lord The Greatest Praise & Worship Songs of All Time". I don't know if this is a problem unique to these 2 CDs or what but I have the original CDs and Windows Media Player has had this problem with these CDs ever since I first used the CDs in my computer. What can I do to fix this? I'd really appreciate any advice because apparently Windows Media Player is having an error during the download of the track list. Any advice you can provide will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
have you tried to manually get the track names?

that might work better
Computer Specs
Member with 1,207 posts.

09-Jun-2004, 12:26 PM #4
Telecom, I had already looked at the Windows Media Player Support Site on Microsoft but couldn't find anything helpful. Anyway, I did figure out a way to manually edit the track names and artists so that it matches what's on the back of the CD case. It's a good enough solution but I still wish I knew why Windows Media Player downloaded the wrong track list in the first place. It was downloading the track list for the right CD but for some reason, AMG apparently has the track list in the wrong order.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!