Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Corrupt FILE!

(!)

Junior Member with 26 posts.

Experience: Advanced
17-Sep-2004, 09:56 PM #1
Exclamation Corrupt FILE!
I like to play a little game called Runescape. Lately I have been getting a corrupt file that says "vsmon.exe - Corrupt File" and then under it it says "The file or directory C:\Windows\Internet Logs is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the Chkdsk utility.". I went to run and put in Chkdsk and it ran something, I don't really know and it finished and nothing happened and the corrupt file in the corner would not go away. Even if I "X" it it just pops up again and it gets real annoying. It all started when my friend was playing with Control Panel>Sound and Speech>Speech and he was writing things in there and making it talk and he pressed a button and a screen popped up and he clicked yes and right after that, corrupt file! Also another corrupt file, zclient.exe it says but I dont know the rest. I am running Windows XP Home Edition.

Please HELP! ~Begohan~
Member with 17,584 posts.

17-Sep-2004, 11:52 PM #2
zclient.exe and vsmon.exe is ZoneAlarm.

Uninstall it and reinstall it.

Run SFC to fix any system file problems.

Start - Run - type "SFC /scannow". press enter.
Do not type the quotes, and make sure there is a space between "SFC" and "/scannow"

Its surprises me that that you ask these questions when you list your experience as "Advanced" in your profile
It should be us asking you?

18-Sep-2004, 11:47 AM #3
Sorry
Well, I am not really sure what they mean by intermediate and advanced so I thought I was pretty advanced. Might want to rate me beginner/intermediate, i realized how smart you guys really are.

18-Sep-2004, 11:50 AM #4
I cant uninstall zonealarm, it doesn't show up in my Control Panel>Add remove programs. It sometimes says "Zonealarm is waiting for truevector.net to initialize, cancel?" And I always press cancel and when i wait nothing happens.

18-Sep-2004, 11:59 AM #5
Just this in, I found it, sorry about the above post. When I try to uninstall it it says something about truevector not being installed.

18-Sep-2004, 11:33 PM #6
Bump
Just bringing up my post if that works on this forum.
Computer Specs
Gone but never forgotten with 9,807 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
18-Sep-2004, 11:53 PM #7

19-Sep-2004, 09:44 AM #8
Exclamation errm
It says this when I try to start it up " Zonealarm is waiting for the Truevector Internet Monitor to initialize. Cancel?" And I wait for a while and it disapears then it comes on again and again. Please help me ASAP.

19-Sep-2004, 09:50 AM #9
When I try to uninstall it it says: "TrueVector Internet Monitor was not uninstalled"

"The uninstaller was unable to stop the TrueVector software services.This will happen if other software is using the TrueVector engine."

"To uninstall Zonealarm make sure all other TrueVector based programs are closed."

19-Sep-2004, 02:51 PM #10
bump
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!