Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Multiple Crashes - BAD POOL ERROR

(!)

Member with 351 posts.

27-Sep-2004, 01:49 PM #1
Multiple Crashes - BAD POOL ERROR
Hey,

I've gotten a few crashes recently - HELP!!

BLue screen reads: BAD POOL ERROR
Recommend: Biasable BIOS memory options such as caching & shading.

SPEC:
AMD 3000+
1 gig DDR
DFI - Infinity NFII Ultra
Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platnium Pro
Chaintech GeForce 6800 GT 256 (new purchase!)
XP Home - SP2

Error Sig:
BCCode : 19 BCP1 : 00000020 BCP2 : 860B8D80 BCP3 : 860B8DA8
BCP4 : 0A050002 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

Error Report:
C:\DOCUME~1\CONORM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERae43.dir00\Mini092704-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\CONORM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERae43.dir00\sysdata.xml

Online Crash Analysis:
Error Caused by a Device Driver

Thank you for submitting an error report. Microsoft is unable to specifically determine what caused the problem you reported. If you would like to try and troubleshoot the problem, please utilize the information listed below.

Analysis

A device driver installed on your system caused the problem, but we cannot determine the precise cause. Depending on which situation is applicable to you, do one of the following:

If this problem occurred after you installed a new hardware device on your system, the problem might be caused by the driver for the device. If you know the manufacturer of the device, contact the manufacturer's product support service for assistance.
Some software, such as firewall and anti-virus software, also installs drivers. If this problem occurred after you installed new software, the software might have installed a driver that caused the problem. If you know the manufacturer of the software, contact the manufacturer's product support service for assistance.
If you don't know the driver's manufacturer and need help diagnosing and resolving this problem, contact your computer manufacturer's product support service.
Updated drivers might be available on the Microsoft Windows Update Web site. At Windows Update, you can have your computer scanned and, if there are updated drivers available, Windows Update will offer a selection of drivers that you might be able to use. To learn more about updated drivers that might be available, visit Microsoft Windows Update.
For information about Microsoft support options, visit Microsoft Product Support Services.
You can track this error report by clicking the Track this error report link. If you choose to track your error report, you will be notified of resolutions to this problem as they are identified.

HELP!!!
Senior Member with 3,791 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
27-Sep-2004, 02:14 PM #2
Have you taken up the suggestion regarding amendments to BIOS menus? DId you install something along the lines Microsoft is suggesting. You have a fairly full description of what may be wrong here - a lot more than many get with a bluescreen event, and yet you've come to the forum for help. You're very welcome of course but how far down the checklist have you got?
Member with 351 posts.

28-Sep-2004, 12:30 PM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout
Have you taken up the suggestion regarding amendments to BIOS menus? DId you install something along the lines Microsoft is suggesting. You have a fairly full description of what may be wrong here - a lot more than many get with a bluescreen event, and yet you've come to the forum for help. You're very welcome of course but how far down the checklist have you got?
Cheers for the reply -

I have recently installed a GeForce 6800 GT, I've a beta set of nVidia drivers installed - could they be the cause of this? ie - Is it a software or harware related problem?

I had a look in my BIOS, and couldn't find the settings outlined by Microsoft, Do you know where I look?

Thanks in advnace...

Conor

28-Sep-2004, 01:16 PM #4
My best suggestion is to roll back those NVidia drivers to the previous, tested versions. I see you have SP2 - which came first, the drivers or the Service Pack? If rolling back the drivers doesn't make a diference, maybe uninstalling SP2 would. This isn't something I'd normally advocate but as an experiment I think it would be worthwhile but I stress - only after rolling back the drivers.

I'm sure you know this but you need Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager>Display Adapters>Driver and Rollback Driver.
Member with 351 posts.

28-Sep-2004, 01:42 PM #5
Quote:
My best suggestion is to roll back those NVidia drivers to the previous, tested versions. I see you have SP2 - which came first, the drivers or the Service Pack? If rolling back the drivers doesn't make a diference, maybe uninstalling SP2 would. This isn't something I'd normally advocate but as an experiment I think it would be worthwhile but I stress - only after rolling back the drivers.

I'm sure you know this but you need Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager>Display Adapters>Driver and Rollback Driver.
I'll try the roll back - SP2 was first - then the display drivers...
The crash only happens during web browsing - It just never happens when I'm pushing the display drivers with a game...
Member with 351 posts.

28-Sep-2004, 02:52 PM #6
I rolled back the display drivers to the previous revision - And restarted. Obviously uninstalling the old ones...

I was playing Far Cry and got another blue screen -
PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA.

After reboot: Error signiture reads:
BCCode : 10000050 BCP1 : FFFFFFFE BCP2 : 00000000 BCP3 : 8054AF32
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

Error Report Details:
C:\DOCUME~1\CONORM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERbee3.dir00\Mini092804-03.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\CONORM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERbee3.dir00\sysdata.xml

I'm not overclocking the new GeForce, but I'm getting some graphical errors and flickers when playing (I assumed it was the beta drivers - obviously not)

I wonder could it be the hardware?!
No 2D problems - and most games are running fine...

Do you know where in the BIOS I can change the settings XP told me to in my 1st post - I can't find them!!

XP & Antivirus are up to date by the way...

Cheers again for any help - It's appreciated!
Member with 351 posts.

29-Sep-2004, 01:51 PM #7
ANOTHER BLUE SCREEN :

This time:
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

Error signiture:
BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : 8057E848 BCP3 : F1E2B68C
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

Error Report:
C:\DOCUME~1\CONORM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERc37c.dir00\Mini092904-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\CONORM~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERc37c.dir00\sysdata.xml

HELP!!!

29-Sep-2004, 02:21 PM #8
This is pointing towards a RAM problem and given that you've 1Mb we can discount a lack and look towards a mismatch. I'm assuming here that you have two 512 sticks. Can you download WINDIAG from Microsoft's site, pop it on a floppy disc and boot up with that. It will run six tests if I recall and tell you if there's a problem with one stick or the other or a mismatch between the two.
Member with 351 posts.

29-Sep-2004, 04:26 PM #9
Quote:
This is pointing towards a RAM problem and given that you've 1Mb we can discount a lack and look towards a mismatch. I'm assuming here that you have two 512 sticks. Can you download WINDIAG from Microsoft's site, pop it on a floppy disc and boot up with that. It will run six tests if I recall and tell you if there's a problem with one stick or the other or a mismatch between the two.
I ran WINDIAG from floppy and ran the 6 tests - no errors reported!

Do you think it's a software or hardware problem I'm experiencing?
Member with 351 posts.

01-Oct-2004, 03:51 AM #10
Just ran a voltage check - Everything seems in the green:

Member with 351 posts.

10-Oct-2004, 02:56 AM #11
This is the blue screen I'm getting repeatidly... I've done all I was asked.

HELP!!

PS - WOuld applications like the following cause this problem; motherboard monitor / Steganos security suite 7 / nForce Tray ect?! or is it just software drivers for hardware?!

Member with 351 posts.

14-Oct-2004, 03:48 AM #12
Another blue screen... Comeon Guys help!!!
Could my BIOS need updating? Do I need to uninstall the existing drivers first?!?!

Senior Member with 2,187 posts.

Experience: ....but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express!
14-Oct-2004, 06:11 AM #13
are you on xp or w2k?
ps.this is the first time i'm entering the domain of 'bad pools'-but i'm curious
i googled your 1st stop error...thats a start;
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=291810
and another
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...kmsgs/1118.asp
like your initial post, they point to driver//hardware technicalities.
this one too;
http://support.microsoft.com/default...&Product=winxp

and then there's this snippet from some1 at a linked site who claimed how they got that error fixed;

"....I had the same problem a few day's ago ... i phoned up my computer supplier and they said i should contact Telewest ( my internet supplier ) They told me to buy a Ethernet Cable instead of a USB cable because they are the things that usually cause the problems .... so they registered me to use the network card Real Tek ... I went down to my local store and brought a Ethernet Cable ... they cost about 8 ... and now my internet is working perfectly and no more bad pool caller ... Hope this works out for you
By the way make sure you phone your internet supplier just to make sure that you get registered for the ethernet card.
"

Last edited by bobol; 14-Oct-2004 at 06:23 AM..
Member with 351 posts.

14-Oct-2004, 06:40 AM #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobol
are you on xp or w2k?
ps.this is the first time i'm entering the domain of 'bad pools'-but i'm curious
i googled your 1st stop error...thats a start;
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=291810
and another
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...kmsgs/1118.asp
like your initial post, they point to driver//hardware technicalities.
this one too;
http://support.microsoft.com/default...&Product=winxp

and then there's this snippet from some1 at a linked site who claimed how they got that error fixed;

"....I had the same problem a few day's ago ... i phoned up my computer supplier and they said i should contact Telewest ( my internet supplier ) They told me to buy a Ethernet Cable instead of a USB cable because they are the things that usually cause the problems .... so they registered me to use the network card Real Tek ... I went down to my local store and brought a Ethernet Cable ... they cost about 8 ... and now my internet is working perfectly and no more bad pool caller ... Hope this works out for you
By the way make sure you phone your internet supplier just to make sure that you get registered for the ethernet card.
"
Cheers! I'll start into those!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!