Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

How to erase the many "Removable Disk" icons in My Computer

(!)

Junior Member with 4 posts.

Experience: Advanced
17-Oct-2004, 09:15 PM #1
Unhappy How to erase the many "Removable Disk" icons in My Computer
Hi. This is my first post here. Hello everyone.

I have a customer who did not correctly install her digital camera. Every time she connects her camera to her windows xp, the camera is recognized as a new "Removable Disk". She is happy that she can get her pictures to her PC. But now, she has about 7 Removable Disks in "my computer"....

what is the solution to the many "Removable Disk" icons in "my Computer" under windows XP.

How could you remove those ?
Member with 244 posts.

17-Oct-2004, 10:46 PM #2
Have you checked removable storage under computer management?
fhaslangka fhaslangka is offline fhaslangka has a Profile Picture
Member with 461 posts.

18-Oct-2004, 12:38 AM #3
Welcome to TSG!

I think it's the flash memory that was detected as removable storage not the camera itself. Have you tried right clicking the icons and see if there's a disconnect option? or delete perhaps?

18-Oct-2004, 07:23 AM #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by marklab
Have you checked removable storage under computer management?

thank you for your feedback marklab.

I have not tried that, but I would ........

tell me please:

in your sig, you say:

If my help or anyone elses help benifits you please click on the affero link on the bottom right of the users post. There you can make a donation (To a site of the benificary of the posters choice) and / Or leave a comment about the user.

uhum. I beg your pardon, but where is in fact this "affero link" ? Can you kindly take a screen pick and put an arrow on the affero link?

18-Oct-2004, 07:25 AM #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhaslangka
Welcome to TSG!

I think it's the flash memory that was detected as removable storage not the camera itself. Have you tried right clicking the icons and see if there's a disconnect option? or delete perhaps?

thank you fhaslangka.........

There is no doubt, it is the flash memory (the memory stick) that is being viewed as a removable disk, not the camera itself. I thought this was apparent enough that I did not need to precise.... but now I have learnt.

Thank you

Yes, I have tried right clicking on those removable disks......... there was no option to delete or disconnect........
Member with 244 posts.

18-Oct-2004, 11:53 AM #6
Sorry about the affero thing. Old Sig. Got rid of it.
Junior Member with 27 posts.

Experience: intermediate/advanced
18-Oct-2004, 12:03 PM #7
Try right clicking my computer from the desktop then properties. click the hardware tab then device manager. find the bit where it says removabal storage and rightclick it and choose uninstall. then install cameras drivers and reconnect camera

18-Oct-2004, 07:01 PM #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezt0ne
Try right clicking my computer from the desktop then properties. click the hardware tab then device manager. find the bit where it says removabal storage and rightclick it and choose uninstall. then install cameras drivers and reconnect camera

thank you very much

that sounds very logic
Email This Email  Print This Print  Bookmark This Bookmark  Tweet This Send to Facebook Send to MySpace Send to StumbleUpon Digg This | More Services More
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!