Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Problems Installing Windows Xp, Get Error Message 800b0001, Signature Code Invalid

(!)

Junior Member with 3 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
29-Oct-2004, 07:53 AM #1
Exclamation Problems Installing Windows Xp, Get Error Message 800b0001, Signature Code Invalid
Hey I'm Looking For Someone Who Can Help Me With This Problem THAT Im Having With My Windows Xp Installation. After Having Some Problems With My Windows I Recently Decided To Reinstall Windows Xp. In Doing That I Created Some Type Of Problem. MY FIRST MISTAKE WAS NOT CREATING A BACKUP DISK AND NOW I'M LOST. I Now Have No Windows Due To The Fact While Im Installing Xp I Get A Fatal Error Message Indicating Error Code 800b0001, I Have No Idea On Wat I Should Do, The Problem Occurs Time After Time And Now Im Left With No Windows. Can Some One Help Me? What Should I Do?
It Also Says Something About The Nc5iis File, How Do I Repair This Problem?pleaseeeeee I Neeed Help..thanxxx
Member with 49 posts.

29-Oct-2004, 08:49 AM #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by XP23
Hey I'm Looking For Someone Who Can Help Me With This Problem THAT Im Having With My Windows Xp Installation. After Having Some Problems With My Windows I Recently Decided To Reinstall Windows Xp. In Doing That I Created Some Type Of Problem. MY FIRST MISTAKE WAS NOT CREATING A BACKUP DISK AND NOW I'M LOST. I Now Have No Windows Due To The Fact While Im Installing Xp I Get A Fatal Error Message Indicating Error Code 800b0001, I Have No Idea On Wat I Should Do, The Problem Occurs Time After Time And Now Im Left With No Windows. Can Some One Help Me? What Should I Do?
It Also Says Something About The Nc5iis File, How Do I Repair This Problem?pleaseeeeee I Neeed Help..thanxxx
Member with 49 posts.

29-Oct-2004, 08:50 AM #3
have you tried completely reformatting the hard drive....format c:

THEN reinstalling XP again form scratch?

29-Oct-2004, 01:47 PM #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobles
have you tried completely reformatting the hard drive....format c:

THEN reinstalling XP again form scratch?
YES I HAVE STILL NO LUCK, I'M BAFFLED..

29-Oct-2004, 01:55 PM #5
I Really Dont See Where The Problem Lies, Or What To Do Next!
Old Rich has a Photo Album
Member with 10,249 posts.

Experience: Learning
29-Oct-2004, 03:23 PM #6
Found this when I Googled the error code:

Error:
Error code 800b0001 Signature for Windows 2000 Professional is invalid Setup had problems registering the following OLE control dll: WINNT\System32\initpki.dll
Translation:
You may receive this error message during the device detection phase of a Win2000 installation. It occurs if the computer youíre using has an old or outdated BIOS.

Solution:
To resolve the problem, youíll have to upgrade your motherboard to the latest version of BIOS and run Setup again
Member with 7,794 posts.

29-Oct-2004, 04:37 PM #7
How far into your installation do you get before the error?
What exactly is the "nc5" message?
Info on your system please?
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!