Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

ntvdm.exe not responding

(!)

Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Beginner
05-Jan-2005, 03:57 PM #1
Cool ntvdm.exe not responding
I've recently installed this old ('96) game called Hodj 'n Podj and tried to run it. The introductory part works fine, but then it just freezes and the screen goes black. When I forcefully terminate the program, I get the following message: "you chose to end the nonresponsive program, NTVDM.exe. The program is not responding'.
I have Windows XP Professional with all the updates installed.
I googled this problem right and left, checked the Microsoft support pages, read a lot of forum threads, but in the end nothing I found on ntvdm errors seem to apply in my case.
Any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks!

p.s. I hesitated if to post this thread here on in the game section. ultimately, I think it's a windows problem.
Senior Member with 3,791 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
05-Jan-2005, 04:19 PM #2
Maybe it will work in the Compatibility Mode with, say, Windows '98. Go Start>Help & Support and key Compatibility Mode in as a search - it explains it all.
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Beginner
05-Jan-2005, 04:39 PM #3
Thank you for the suggestion, Saga.
Ive tried that already.
I also run the Games & Multimedia Troubleshooter in Windows Help and tried most of the things suggested there: closed all other programs, lowered the DirectDraw Refresh rate, lowered graphics hardware accelerated settings etc. Nothing so far.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!