Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Nothing show on monitor when computer starts

(!)

Member with 295 posts.

Experience: Still Learning
12-Apr-2005, 04:47 PM #1
Solved: Nothing show on monitor when computer starts
Ok, my computer gives me hard time that I have no idea what to do. Before that my computer was running fine. One day when I got back, I realize the computer was automatically turn off (usually I have it on for days).

Then I restart my computer, but whenever it comes to the moment where we can press the F8 screen, it will quickly turn to the blue screen for 1 second and then the computer will restart again.

I even try to access to safe mode and hope to have the problem fix but it does the same with restarting the computer again and again.

Now it even worse, when I turn on my computer, even the PC is running but there is nothing show on the monitor. I know there is nothing wrong with the monitor because I test the monitor with another computer and it just works fine.

Any one knows what cause the problem or how to fix this problem? This really drive me crazy as I totally have no idea how to fix this problem. Thanks in advance for any suggestions/solutions.

Powerbook G4 1Ghz Tibook
OSX 10.4
768 RAM
Junior Member with 6 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
12-Apr-2005, 04:52 PM #2
Well, I guess it's a graphics problem. First step I'd make would be to install another graphics card. If it then boots, there's the issue. If it's onboard, fit a graphics card.
Member with 164 posts.

12-Apr-2005, 04:56 PM #3
A lack of picture on the monitor is often related to incorrectly seated RAM, so start be removing and replacing that and see if it makes a difference.

As for the blue flash.... Here is an elaborate story that may apply to this case but I think might not:

While you were away a small electrical jolt changed perhaps only one digit of those little 0100111010101 kind of chains so maybe it now looks like 0010111010101. If this jolt changes a digit in the boot sector it could well render your whole PC useless and perhaps cause the problems you are seeing.

That same jolt, or a different one could have just fried your HDD rendering it useless.

Try removing ALL non essential components and try booting again, if that doesn't work (and this next one sounds a bit long but saved my computer from a hammer-whacking once) try disconnecting EVERYTHING, every IDE cable, every floppy cable maybe even the power cables and then reconnect everything carefully checking for any signs of damage or 'looseness'.

I hope that might be of some help to you,

Thanks,

-Eddey
Member with 295 posts.

12-Apr-2005, 05:25 PM #4
Hey guys, there is a loose of power connection to cause the monitor not working. Now the monitor problem is solved but my computer still keep restarting over and over again.

Powerbook G4 1Ghz Tibook
OSX 10.4
768 RAM
Member with 164 posts.

13-Apr-2005, 10:49 AM #5
Last time my computer did that it was after I changed a 'vital' setting, if you can get as far sa windwos boot up options try 'Last known good configuration' and see if it boots, if not whack in the windwos CD and I think your only option will be to reinstall windows.

Hope something works,

-Eddey
Member with 295 posts.

13-Apr-2005, 06:17 PM #6
Well, still have no luck with "Last known good configuration" option. Anyway, I just have the window reinstall.

But do thanks for the helps, Eddey.

Powerbook G4 1Ghz Tibook
OSX 10.4
768 RAM
Member with 164 posts.

14-Apr-2005, 10:12 AM #7
Glad to help.

-Eddey
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!