Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Can Not Paste

(!)

Junior Member with 13 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
30-May-2005, 12:24 AM #1
Solved: Can Not Paste
I can copy pictures, links etc. but when I go to paste them, the paste option is not highlighted so I am not able to use this. What do I do to fix this?

For example, I can highlight the link above, right click and select copy. When I want to paste it, the paste option is not highlighted, I am not able to use paste. This is same for all text and pictures.

Last edited by Jenny_4_Fun; 30-May-2005 at 12:31 AM..
Member with 17,584 posts.

30-May-2005, 12:28 AM #2
Paste them where though?

If the place that you are trying to paste into does not accept that action with an image file, that would be the expected result.
Senior Member with 298 posts.

Experience: Brainstein
30-May-2005, 12:41 AM #3
Copy some text, and try to paste it into Notepad. If that doesn't work, use the CTRL-V key combination, and see if that method works for you. Post your results here, so we'll know what happened, and maybe someone can advise you further.

30-May-2005, 12:45 AM #4
i tried ctrl v and it does not paste the text onto note pad. This just happened today, should i restore my computer back a day?

30-May-2005, 01:47 AM #5
That is up to you; there are no guarantees that will help, but you probably don't have a lot to lose, so you might as well give it a shot.

Let us know how things turn out; good luck.
Member with 781 posts.

30-May-2005, 09:43 AM #6
On another thread where the poster lost the ability to copy and paste John King posted this which solved things. See below:

Try this.

Open IE and go to the toolbar, select Tools/Internet Options/Security.

High light the Internet Icon in the white window there and then click the Medium Settings button, or Custom Settings button, if applicable.

In the next window look down the list for the Miscellaneous heading, under that heading there is an option called Drag and drop or Copy and paste files make sure that option is enabled and not disabled, check the enable box if disabled, click Apply and OK out. You may have to re-start the PC in order to initiate the option in the system.

Also

You might want a look at this article about Security Zones etc, but see no mention of anything pertaining to Copy and Paste in the IE 3 section, still good reading though.
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;q182569

Hope this helps you. GOOD LUCK!

31-May-2005, 12:52 AM #7
I found the answer.
http://secunia.com/advisories/12889/

That link helped me find the answer to my problem, XP has a patch and I downloaded it, to protect me from this happening again.

31-May-2005, 01:19 AM #8
Great job, Jenny_4_Fun (I like that name; I wish you lived in my neighborhood); I don't use XP, and I've never heard of this type of problem before.Thanks for teaching US something!

See you in the forums. Don't forget to mark this as SOLVED (look for the button in the upper right part of the page).
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!