Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

HELP, I can't get past the BLUE Screen!

(!)

Junior Member with 24 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
20-Oct-2005, 08:54 PM #1
HELP, I can't get past the BLUE Screen!
Thanks for the previous help everyone, but I still can't get past the blue registry error screen when trying to start my kid's Dell Dimension 2400. I can't get into safe mode, a prompt, anything! Even Recovery Console will not cooperate. I had finally decided to try and reformat the HDD but I can't seem to even do that! Recovery Console wants me to select an installation, and as soon as I select C:\Windows, it's back to the ugly blue!
My tech message is:
***STOP: 0x00000051 (0x00000003, 0x00000003, 0x0000000, 0xE1181000)

The last sequence of numbers has changed a little each time I get there, but the other ones stay the same. No luck taking out the CMOS battery either. All it did was make me have to reset the time
HELP or I may have to call Dell, yikes! Thanks again!!!HELP, I can't get past the BLUE Screen!
Moderator with 63,645 posts.

20-Oct-2005, 09:19 PM #2
dunno if this helps or not:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810558&sd=RMVP

doubt it's what you wanted to hear, tho....have you tried repair with the disk?

20-Oct-2005, 09:29 PM #3
Thanks valis. What did you mean by "repair" with the disk? I'll try anything!

That article seems to refer to Windows 2000, but I guess it is close enough because I did a search in the resource center already and found this page. I am trying to avoid it but it may have to be.

20-Oct-2005, 09:32 PM #4
if you boot fvrom the cd, you can get an option to repair....do you have the original windows disk?

20-Oct-2005, 09:35 PM #5

20-Oct-2005, 10:41 PM #6
I have tried that, yes. As soon as I accept the agreement, it goes back to the blue screen. I can't even get to a prompt in order to run format.
Member with 303 posts.

20-Oct-2005, 10:48 PM #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slug6
I have tried that, yes. As soon as I accept the agreement, it goes back to the blue screen. I can't even get to a prompt in order to run format.
could be a hardware problem..

20-Oct-2005, 10:54 PM #8
really? I did the full diagnostics that wee on the utility partition. It took over an hour to do the full scan, and everything checked out? I guess I could remove the hard drive and format it in another computer. Is that an option?
Member with 303 posts.

20-Oct-2005, 11:00 PM #9
Quote:
really? I did the full diagnostics that wee on the utility partition. It took over an hour to do the full scan, and everything checked out? I guess I could remove the hard drive and format it in another computer. Is that an option?
do the process of elimination.. I looked at the error on the microsoft support site and it said it could be a registry problem or a hardware problem..I'm leaning towards a hardware problem since it gave you the same error when you tried to reinstall the OS...so check the memory, hard drive, etc. etc.

20-Oct-2005, 11:14 PM #10
so if I understand this right, even though it says "registry_error" at the top of the blue screen, it could be a hardware problem?
Member with 303 posts.

20-Oct-2005, 11:20 PM #11
Quote:
so if I understand this right, even though it says "registry_error" at the top of the blue screen, it could be a hardware problem?
this is the same error for Windows 2000

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=282501&sd=RMVP

and it says it could be a hardware or registry problem

20-Oct-2005, 11:33 PM #12
Yes it does. I just remembered something else that was on the blue screen. At the bottom it said it was doing a memory dump, and that it was completed. Is that significant?
Member with 303 posts.

21-Oct-2005, 12:20 AM #13
Quote:
Yes it does. I just remembered something else that was on the blue screen. At the bottom it said it was doing a memory dump, and that it was completed. Is that significant?
not really
Junior Member with 3 posts.

21-Oct-2005, 12:53 AM #14
Smile i will help
hi,
i will help u in this case, plz follow this step.

1) plz check any third party hardware is there in u'r system.

2) secondly plz change o.s system CD and try

3) still persists, change the RAM memory bank and try

4) still continues, chnage the RAM and place new RAM

plz try this, u can rectify. plz keep faith

Quote:
Thanks for the previous help everyone, but I still can't get past the blue registry error screen when trying to start my kid's Dell Dimension 2400. I can't get into safe mode, a prompt, anything! Even Recovery Console will not cooperate. I had finally decided to try and reformat the HDD but I can't seem to even do that! Recovery Console wants me to select an installation, and as soon as I select C:\Windows, it's back to the ugly blue!
My tech message is:
***STOP: 0x00000051 (0x00000003, 0x00000003, 0x0000000, 0xE1181000)

The last sequence of numbers has changed a little each time I get there, but the other ones stay the same. No luck taking out the CMOS battery either. All it did was make me have to reset the time
HELP or I may have to call Dell, yikes! Thanks again!!!HELP, I can't get past the BLUE Screen!

21-Oct-2005, 09:28 AM #15
vinay, first thank you for response. please make sure I understand this.

1)the only added hardware, that I know of, is a kodak easy share camera dock, via USB connection. I have disconnected it, and it made no difference.
2) you are saying to try a different windows CD? Ok I can do that, but does it have to be XP? I have another xp home that came with my Dell, plus an XP Pro that I bought about 3 years ago. I think I have a 95 and a 98 CD somewhere. I did try booting to an old Windows 98 boot disk and it wouldn't boot up from it. I suppose it could have been a bad disk.
3) I am not sure what the difference is between #3 and #4 regarding the RAM. what is meant by memory bank? the sockets on the MB?
Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay
hi,
i will help u in this case, plz follow this step.

1) plz check any third party hardware is there in u'r system.

2) secondly plz change o.s system CD and try

3) still persists, change the RAM memory bank and try

4) still continues, chnage the RAM and place new RAM

plz try this, u can rectify. plz keep faith
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!