Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

How do I stop an outgoing message on Outlook

(!)

Junior Member with 3 posts.

13-Nov-2005, 11:15 PM #1
Unhappy How do I stop an outgoing message on Outlook
Hi!
I have a big problem . I sent a too big message on Outlook and it's been going on since the 11th. What do I do to stop it? I tried to delete the message but Outlook freezes everytime I try to do so.
Thanks a million for you help,
Johanne
Computer Specs
Moderator with 62,633 posts.

13-Nov-2005, 11:20 PM #2
have you tried to shut down outlook with the task explorer? assuming what OS you ahev, you can hit ctrl-alt-del and shut down outlook that way.....
Senior Member with 1,421 posts.

Experience: fast learner
13-Nov-2005, 11:21 PM #3
I found this on a forum for Outlook problems. It appears that you just have to wait or it restarts. Of course, if you are sending the email, you just stop the email, go into the outbox and delete it. I would close the program and then reopen it to make sure it was gone from the outbox...doc

My Outlook program "freezes" every time I try to receive mail. It says receiving message 3 of 8 (for example) and stops at the same place every time.

Chances are that the Outlook program is still working fine. We've seen this several times lately when you have been sent a message that contains a very large graphic file, sound file or even a video file. Outlook will appear "stuck" while the large file is being downloaded to your computer. I've received files attached to an email message that actually took 20 minutes to receive! Outlook is not able to receive the next messages until this message and attachment have been received completely. Do not stop the program even if it appears it has become "stuck". Give it time to receive all messages and files that are waiting.

I keep receiving the same messages over and over. The program says receiving message 3 of 8 and then stops. When I try again, I keep getting the same 3 messages.

This is related to the same issue described above. Outlook does not tell the mail server which messages have been received until it gets to the end of the new messages. If this process is stopped before all new messages have been received, it will start at the top of the list again the next time you try. Do not stop the program even if it appears it has become "stuck". Give it time to receive all messages and files that are waiting.
Junior Member with 3 posts.

13-Nov-2005, 11:22 PM #4
I tried and it's not working. I even unplugged my internet connection. No luck
Senior Member with 1,421 posts.

Experience: fast learner
13-Nov-2005, 11:32 PM #5
Did you cancel the outgoing message and delete it from the outbox as well? You gotta do it and that will fix it...doc
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 16 posts.

Experience: Computer Illiterate
14-Nov-2007, 09:54 PM #6
I have the same problem and it cant be deleted in the outbox, it just cant be stoped. Other messages are sent around it and some are received but the sending message just keeps going and going.?
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!