Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

XP Pro problems again

(!)

Member with 115 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
10-Dec-2005, 09:17 AM #1
XP Pro problems again
Hello friends....thanks to your help here at TSGF,I successfully completed a zero fill,clean reinstall of xp pro,following your instructions to the letter.That was just about a month ago and everything has been fine....until now.I've been getting constant lockups and VERY STRANGE errors popping up.I have read elsewhere that windows media 10 has some conflict issues with Opera,so I tried to roll it back to WMP 9,but it gave me some error code saying it detects 9 instead of ten,and to please install 10 .Which I did.I have run a number of malware scans,including my own Nod32 + kaspersky,bitdefender & trendmicro online.I ran adaware and spybot and trendmicros spyware scans.I ran hijack this and the log was clean.I've done a chkdsk,both from "run" and at boot.Here are some of the error codes I'm getting....
m2 error store init failed engine init failed
PDC_SDK.dll missing(seems to be somthing to do with Kokak...which I can't explain.)
windows was unable to save all the data for the file F:\recycled(my external HD)
and finally(at least from the ones I didn't throw away)...
invalid size check sum,native error:00008 file processing error
I have no clue as to whats going on.My next step is to do a repair install,but since you all helped me sucessfully before,I wanted to ask you guys(girls) first.
Thanks,
M Vincent
Computer Specs
Member with 11,665 posts.

Experience: Advanced
10-Dec-2005, 09:41 AM #2
Start with a little cleanup. Clear your temporary internet files, cookies, temporary files and your history of recently viewed pages.

Download and run Ewido Security Suite to run Ewido follow these instructions;

Install Ewido.
During the installation, under "Additional Options" uncheck "Install background guard" and "Install scan via context menu".
Launch ewido.
It will prompt you to update click the OK button and it will go to the main screen.
On the left side of the main screen click update.
Click on Start and let it update.
DO NOT run a scan yet.

Restart your computer into Safe Mode now.
(Start tapping the F8 key at Startup, before the Windows logo screen).
Perform the following steps in Safe Mode:

* Run Ewido:
Click on scanner
Click Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
During the scan it will prompt you to clean files, click OK.
When the scan is finished, look at the bottom of the screen and click the Save report button.
Save the report to your desktop.

Reboot.

After you run Ewido download and install Registry Mechanic and just let it run to see how many errors are in the registry. It will only correct a few until you buy the program but the main thing now is to see how many errors it finds.
Member with 2,634 posts.

Experience: I've been at this for too long.
10-Dec-2005, 10:34 AM #3
Quote:
m2 error store init failed engine init failed
PDC_SDK.dll missing(seems to be somthing to do with Kokak...which I can't explain.)
windows was unable to save all the data for the file F:\recycled(my external HD)
and finally(at least from the ones I didn't throw away)...
invalid size check sum,native error:00008 file processing error
In their aggregate, these errors suggest a hardware problem, most probably either a memory error, a problem with the disk controller or cables, or a failing hard drive.

You specify two different drives (implicitly you have an internal drive and you stated you have an external drive). How are they connected? IDE? SATA? Is the external a USB? The error on the external drive *could* be a full drive.

For the internal drive, check your jumper settings. If you have IDE and two drives on the same bus jumpered "master" you can get symptoms very similar to what you are seeing. You could also get these symptoms from a faulty cable; try replacing it.

Try removing the memory from the computer, blowing out the memory slots, and reinserting the memory. This will work more often than you might believe.

After you do these things, whether or not the problems go away, you should run memtest on the system and you also should run chkdsk /V /R to do a surface scan and get all cleanup messages.
Member with 115 posts.

10-Dec-2005, 01:11 PM #4
Ok...I'll give that stuff a try.in ans.to some of your questions:I ran the chkdsk /r and it found/corrected 1 error.My external HD is USB and far from full.
I was wondering if my having an in-operative floppy drive could cause this...because I know for a fact it's fried.As a matter of fact it could be jumpered...I have to check.
Member with 115 posts.

12-Dec-2005, 10:03 PM #5
I'm soooo pissed....i just ended up doing a total reformat.....zero fill again.I did EVERYTHING you both said.I came up with 1 bit of adware that ewido removed and a bunch of errors with registry mechanic.I did the chkdck and found no errors.And used maaxtor powermax with no errors.i guess i either accidently removed somthing from the registry.(i install and remove a lot of programs)or WMP 10 screwed it me up....somehow it always does.I have a couple of questions....winpatrol and winrescue xp both crash my comp.Maybe because i use Opera...i dont know.What else could I try to help protect my registry??
Also...the floppy drive I used for the tests has to be removed because the face of my computer won't go back on and the one that fits is bad.Should I just put the bad drive back in until I can get a new one or just let the wires hang?Its jumped off the HD...I dont know if thats a problem or not.I didn't replace the cable because its fairly new. And besides,all the tests went well.Anything you (or anybody else) can suggest to help out would really be appreciated.I really need to get a handle on the registry(to say the least!)I have downloaded Mystery Behind Windows Registry....I'll see if that helps.
Thanks again!!
Member with 115 posts.

12-Dec-2005, 10:04 PM #6
PS....My system froze up when i tried to post previously..so i dont know what the hells going on.....
Computer Specs

12-Dec-2005, 10:24 PM #7
I wouldn't put the the old floppy back in if it's bad so I assume that you are going to replace it. You say it's "jumped" of the hard drive which I assume means that the floppy connector is one the same line as the hard drive power connector. If so, just tie wrap it up out of the way and there should be no problem. If any "live" wires are exposed just cover them.

I would reinstall Windows with its defaults without WMP10 and Opera. Add programs one at a time and run it for a day before adding anything else and you should be able to pinpoint what is causing the problem.

If you are consistently adding and removing programs I would look at ASHAMPOO which is a much better uninstaller than the Windows uninstaller.

BTW, you're not compacting the registry with Registry Mechanic are you? If you are DON'T compact the registry.
Member with 115 posts.

12-Dec-2005, 11:40 PM #8
OH MY GOD.......the computer has frozen no less than 3 times tonight!I installed my tune up utilities immediately so i could use the winstyler( i like its themes).But just for the hell of it ...I ran the reg cleaner to see if by chance the were errors still on my hard drive.I really didn't thjink I would have any....and I have...like....155!!!not to mention all the other errors.Is this because I did a "quick"zero fill and not the full??I hope so....that way it's simple(fairly).I hate going thru all thiss ******** again......

Thanks again!!

PS...I didn't install Opera before it froze, so I assume thats not the problem.
Computer Specs

13-Dec-2005, 04:49 AM #9
Refresh my memory, what operating system are you using and how much memory do you have?
Member with 115 posts.

13-Dec-2005, 01:12 PM #10
I'mn using xp pro athlon 1600+1.40 ghz 376 ram.
To bring you up to speed.I used powermax and did a full zero fill overnight.(although it didn't take too long...a couple of hours).I then re-installed my xp pro(legit) and started my windows updates.I installed my Nod32 and look n stop .Then,befor I went any further,I checked for errors....and came up with a hundred or so!!!I dont understand!!!!here are some of the error examples.I'm pasting them from notepad and by no means is this even close to the volume of errors.Just examples from various catagories.By the way,I would have more ram,except 376 is the most my computer can run.Thank You very much for everything.I must admit,I'm baffeled and a bit intimidated by these problems.
Member with 115 posts.

13-Dec-2005, 01:20 PM #11
Sorry....didn't post the info...I'm getting a bit tired of trying to figure this out.I've been at it for hours....

DVBScript
----------
The key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{D2A2F5F2-EBA6-11CD-AF37-02608CA1D0B7}\TypeLib for this interface points to the missing type library HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{D2A2F5F0-EBA6-11CD-AF37-02608CA1D0B7}. This subkey can be deleted for this interface.

AccDictionary Class
-------------------
The key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{6572EE16-5FE5-4331-BB6D-76A49C56E423}\TypeLib for this object points to the missing type library HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{0EF20641-8773-4B65-955C-C12C206EB86C}. This subkey can be deleted for this object.

CLSID_IMimeBody
---------------
The key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{FD853CDB-7F86-11d0-8252-00C04FD85AB4}\TypeLib for this object points to the missing type library HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{E4B28371-83B0-11d0-8259-00C04FD85AB4}. This subkey can be deleted for this object.

DocWrap Class
-------------
The key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{BF426F7E-7A5E-44D6-830C-A390EA9462A3}\TypeLib for this object points to the missing type library HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{0EF20641-8773-4B65-955C-C12C206EB86C}. This subkey can be deleted for this object.

IRTCBuddyEvent
--------------
The key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{F36D755D-17E6-404E-954F-0FC07574C78D}\TypeLib for this interface points to the missing type library HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{CD260094-DE10-4AEE-AC73-EF87F6E12683}. This subkey can be deleted for this interface.

IRTCSessionStateChangeEvent
---------------------------
The key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{B5BAD703-5952-48B3-9321-7F4500521506}\TypeLib for this interface points to the missing type library HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{CD260094-DE10-4AEE-AC73-EF87F6E12683}. This subkey can be deleted for this interface.

Microsoft IMAPI Burn Engine
---------------------------
The key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{520CCA67-51A5-11D3-9144-00104BA11C5E}\TypeLib for this object points to the missing type library HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{C49F2184-50A7-11D3-9144-00104BA11C5E}. This subkey can be deleted for this object.

Microsoft Visual Basic Scripting Engine
---------------------------------------
The key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{03C6DB96-F34C-11d2-AFE2-00C04F72FB3E}\TypeLib for this object points to the missing type library HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{B87A08A1-143A-40a5-92CA-F0C8C9DC2F30}. This subkey can be deleted for this object.

The above was listed under "active x and com".The following is listed under "software by tune up utilities.

Microsoft Visual Basic Scripting Engine
---------------------------------------
The key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{03C6DB96-F34C-11d2-AFE2-00C04F72FB3E}\TypeLib for this object points to the missing type library HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{B87A08A1-143A-40a5-92CA-F0C8C9DC2F30}. This subkey can be deleted for this object.

Incomplete entry IE4Data
------------------------
The key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\IE4D ata does not contain any data needed by Windows to remove the program or component and can be deleted.

Incomplete entry MPlayer2
-------------------------
The key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MPla yer2 does not contain any data needed by Windows to remove the program or component and can be deleted.

The following are listed under setup.

Incomplete entry MPlayer2
-------------------------
The key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MPla yer2 does not contain any data needed by Windows to remove the program or component and can be deleted.

Plenoptic Class
---------------
The key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Plenoptic.Plenoptic\CLSID points to the missing CLSID HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{607C27E9-AB27-11d3-A116-A0EA50C10801}.

Connection Manager Profile
--------------------------
The file type points to the missing program C:\WINDOWS\System32\CMMGR32.EXE /settings "%1" in the key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Connection Manager Profile\shell\Settings...\command.

Microsoft Passport configuration file (*.ppi)
---------------------------------------------
The file type points to the missing program %SystemRoot%\System32\msppcnfg.exe /Config %1 in the key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ppifile\shell\open\command.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!