Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

"Java Plug In Folder" missing from Control Panel

(!)

Member with 187 posts.

01-Feb-2006, 02:11 PM #1
"Java Plug In Folder" missing from Control Panel
Help! I keep having problems with a little error at the bottom of the Windows Explorer Page that says "Loading Java Applet Failed". I found out how to change the settings which is listed below, problem is: There is no Java Plug In Folder in the Control Panel. Is this normal?
Click the Start menu
Select Settings
Select Control Panel
Double click the "Java Plug-in" icon
Click the "Proxies" Tab
wacor has a Photo Album
Account Disabled with 27,340 posts.

Experience: Depends on the definition
01-Feb-2006, 02:34 PM #2
Are you attempting to do anything which you have not had to do before?

I do not know if this would apply but I had to reformat my computer a couple weeks ago. It is a long story but Gateway computer was supposed to make restore discs and they did not work right so I had to manually add a lot of items

In the end I could not get a Website to open up fully and just today finally thru the help of others here figured out the I had no Java on my computer. Are you sure you had Java on yours.. Just Asking.

You might do a search for Java and see what shows up. I had a few remnants of files but not much so I ened up dowloading Java and all was back to normal.
Member with 6,052 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
01-Feb-2006, 02:49 PM #3
When you open the Control Panel, on the left panel See Also, click on Other Control Panel Options. This should display the Java Icon.
wacor has a Photo Album

01-Feb-2006, 04:18 PM #4
also change it to classic view.
Member with 187 posts.

03-Feb-2006, 08:33 PM #5
Thank You... Yes, I did have my comp formatted recenetly & have lingering Java Files
Is it safe to download Java again? Where would I go about finding Java for Windows XP & is it even necessary? I am almost positive that it was on my comp prior to formatting but if it is not necessary then I won't bother with it. I am not sure of what purpose Java has. If you have time to answer, GREAT! If not, it's okay, not life threatning.
P.S I will be making a donation on the 10th (payday) You guys have been so wonderful!!! Thank everyone so, so much! Holly
wacor has a Photo Album

03-Feb-2006, 08:43 PM #6
i will try to search for how i installed java. its here somewhere, just have to find it.

There are certain things that require Java. I can't explain when or where but i think you will want it.
wacor has a Photo Album

03-Feb-2006, 08:48 PM #7
try this,

Here's a link to the Java site:
http://www.java.com/en/download/help...ad_options.xml

For XP users:
http://www.java.com/en/download/help/win_auto.xml

You'll have to follow those instructions to get the Java plugin and the JRE first.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!