Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Getting rid of "The Best Offers" pop-up program

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 87 posts.

Experience: Beginner
30-Apr-2006, 08:20 PM #1
Solved: Getting rid of "The Best Offers" pop-up program
PLEASE somebody take pity on me, I'm new and SCARED!
I have Windows XP. Recently got F-Secure anti virus, snags the trojan stuff but sometimes says "can't be accessed" when I delete it. Recently Window defender has been going off constantly, it has to restart the computer *** of the time. Ealier when it did this all sorts of things started flasing ending with an error report to/from Microsoft. I followed their directions to remove a program. NOW HERES THE PROBLEM; to uninstall "The Best Offers" program the "Bad Guys" want me to download something, save it and disenable security. Should I follow the uninstall directions or is there a better way?
Thank you in advance for all of the help I'll get!
Member with 57 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
30-Apr-2006, 08:23 PM #2
Can u uninstall from add/remove?
Member with 49,015 posts.

30-Apr-2006, 08:26 PM #3
Click here to download HJTsetup.exe: http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/files/HJTSetup.exe
Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.

Double click on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
Click Save to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.
Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.
Computer Specs
Member with 87 posts.

30-Apr-2006, 08:28 PM #4
wow you're fast! That was the plan, I did that and then it sort of stuck and would not remove it just kept giving me the page of those diredtions to uninstall
Member with 57 posts.

30-Apr-2006, 08:28 PM #5
It's some type of Malware. Also try thr free spyware removers. Spy-bot or Adaware. These are free full versions. Make sur to update them befor using.
Member with 57 posts.

30-Apr-2006, 08:29 PM #6
where sre my E's????? lol lol

30-Apr-2006, 08:30 PM #7
Post the log and then we can see what has to be done
Member with 57 posts.

30-Apr-2006, 08:30 PM #8
My typing is horrible today
Computer Specs
Member with 87 posts.

30-Apr-2006, 08:34 PM #9
Dear MFDnSC, thanks! but you don't know how nervous I am and such a novice! how do I do all that and still see your directions?

30-Apr-2006, 08:37 PM #10
Open the log in notepad

EDIT - SELECT ALL
EDIT - COPY

Then come to this message, and in the quick reply box click in the white space and then EDIT - PASTE

Trust me its the way to get u fixed
Computer Specs
Member with 87 posts.

30-Apr-2006, 08:41 PM #11
okay, I printed the instructions. But it will have to wait till tomorrow. I didn't realize how late it is, have chil'ns to put to bed. Thank you so much for the help so far!

30-Apr-2006, 08:43 PM #12
No prob will see it tomorrow - bout time for me to get off also
Computer Specs
Member with 87 posts.

01-May-2006, 03:51 PM #13
Dear MFDnSC,
I so greatly appreciate your time and expertise! When it rains it POURS! Something similar happened today when I was just going around the start options trying to get comfortable with it all. Went to my Networkplaces - The Internet, found listed something that resembled a site I had gone to for genealogy, (ftp://ftp.rootsweb.com/). When I tried opening it, it was very evasive. I looked in the programs listing to see if it was there like the other thing, it was not. I went back to check it out further and everything got so upset!
Warnings (?) were popping up and disappearing. Ending with error report sent and Defender having to shut all down AGAIN (that is happenning a lot these days). withe the error report there was not insrtuctions this time, so I looked it up (not sure how I got it now). I did what you asked for the hijack. I also copied the info about uninstalling and todays error message. It is probably more than you need or want, but if it could help I want you to see it. Thank you so much for your patience with this beginner!

The Best Offers Network contextual advertising software is installed on this machine because you have received other software free of charge. To support your free software and to help keep the product free, please do not uninstall the Best Offers Network software. It is not "spyware," does not collect any personal information about you, and is not malicious.

If you do choose to uninstall the Best Offers Network software, it can be removed by going to www.bestoffersnetworks.com/uninstall to get the uninstall tool.

home > consumers > support > uninstall
We believe that removing our ad serving software should be easy and quick to do. That is why we use the standard Windows method (Add/Remove programs) to remove our software.

Below are step-by-step instructions for the following Best Offers Network products:
• The Best Offers Network software
• Supreme Toolbar
• Supreme Deskbar
Please note that in the unlikely event that these instructions do not work for you, you can also use our software-based removal tool - The Best Offers Network Uninstall.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions at all regarding this process: support@bestoffersnetworks.com

To uninstall Best Offers Network Software:
• Click on the Start Menu button (lower left corner of your Windows interface)
• Click on the Settings button
• Select the Control Panel option
• Click on Add or Remove programs (You should now see a list of all software currently installed on your computer)
• Scroll down until you see the listing for "The Best Offers". Click here for screenshot.
• Select the listing for "The Best Offers"
• Click Change/Remove
• Confirm that you want to remove "The Best Offers" by choosing yes when Windows asks you if you want to confirm your removal.
Once you have clicked Yes, The Best Offers network will uninstall itself.

To uninstall Supreme Toolbar Software:
• Click on Add or Remove programs (You should now see a list of all software currently installed on your computer)
• Scroll down until you see the listing for "Supreme Toolbar".
• Select the listing for "Supreme Toolbar"
• Click Change/Remove
• Confirm that you want to remove "Supreme Toolbar" by choosing yes when Windows asks you if you want to confirm your removal.
Once you have clicked Yes, Supreme Toolbar will uninstall itself.

To uninstall Supreme Deskbar Software:
• Scroll down until you see the listing for "Supreme Deskbar".
• Select the listing for "Supreme Deskbar"
• Click Change/Remove
• Confirm that you want to remove "Supreme Deskbar" by choosing yes when Windows asks you if you want to confirm your removal.
Once you have clicked Yes, Supreme Deskbar will uninstall itself.

Monday, May 01, 2006 Ntfs The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume F:.
Monday, May 01, 2006 Ntfs The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume F:.
Monday, May 01, 2006 Service Control Manager The TrueVector Basic Logging Client service depends on the following nonexistent service: vsmon
Monday, May 01, 2006 Service Control Manager The TICalc service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 3:03:47 PM, on 5/1/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINNT\Explorer.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\F-SECU~1\backweb\4476822\Program\SERVIC~1.EXE
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Anti-Virus\fsgk32st.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\backweb\4476822\Program\fspex.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Anti-Virus\FSGK32.EXE
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\backweb\4476822\program\fsbwsys.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Anti-Virus\fssm32.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Common\FSMA32.EXE
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Common\FSMB32.EXE
C:\WINNT\System32\wdfmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Common\FCH32.EXE
C:\Program Files\UPHClean\uphclean.exe
C:\WINNT\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Common\FAMEH32.EXE
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Anti-Virus\fsqh.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Anti-Virus\fsrw.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\SK9910DM.EXE
C:\WINNT\GWMDMMSG.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\FWES\Program\fsdfwd.exe
C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Program Files\TopSearch\TopSearch.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Common\FSM32.EXE
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\FSGUI\ispnews.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1142561222\ee\AOLSoftware.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\alg.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Anti-Virus\fsav32.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\F-SECU~1\ANTI-S~1\fsaw.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\FSGUI\fsguidll.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\WINWORD.EXE
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\MSWorks.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\notepad.exe
C:\Program Files\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.gateway.net
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://websearch.drsnsrch.com/sidesearch.cgi?id=
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://websearch.drsnsrch.com/sidesearch.cgi?id=
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?Link...start.cgi?hklm
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://websearch.drsnsrch.com/sidesearch.cgi?id=
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch = http://websearch.drsnsrch.com/sidesearch.cgi?id=
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.gateway.net/
F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=Explorer.exe C:\WINNT\Nail.exe
O2 - BHO: AOL Toolbar Launcher - {7C554162-8CB7-45A4-B8F4-8EA1C75885F9} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 2.0\aoltb.dll
O2 - BHO: BestOffers Shopping BHO - {F5DE8ADB-4A69-4e56-96AB-823171C8E9D8} - C:\Program Files\TBONAS\TBONlchr.dll
O3 - Toolbar: AOL Toolbar - {DE9C389F-3316-41A7-809B-AA305ED9D922} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 2.0\aoltb.dll
O3 - Toolbar: BestOffers Shopping v1.20 - {7FD44536-9DF0-4034-939F-5BD4D98E3187} - C:\Program Files\TBONAS\TBONlchr.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINNT\System32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINNT\System32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Hot Key Kbd 9910 Daemon] SK9910DM.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GWMDMMSG] GWMDMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Keyboard Preload Check] C:\OEMDRVRS\KEYB\Preload.exe /DEVID: /CLASS:Keyboard /RunValue:"Keyboard Preload Check"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] "c:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [zfmhinpa] C:\WINNT\mtdbqvkc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HookUpFinder] C:\Documents and Settings\Lee\Desktop\HookUpFinder\HookUpFinder.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BMan] C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\msw\BMan1.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TopSearch] C:\Program Files\TopSearch\TopSearch.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [F-Secure Manager] "C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Common\FSM32.EXE" /splash
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [F-Secure TNB] "C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\TNB\TNBUtil.exe" /CHECKALL /WAITFORSW
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [F-Secure Startup Wizard] "C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\FSGUI\FSSW.EXE" /reboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [News Service] "C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\FSGUI\ispnews.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HostManager] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1142561222\ee\AOLSoftware.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ViewMgr] C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [cgwijk] C:\WINNT\system32\bhkzoe.exe r
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl
O4 - Global Startup: F-Secure 2006.lnk = C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\backweb\4476822\Program\fspex.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar Search - c:\program files\aol\aol toolbar 2.0\resources\en-US\local\search.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Block this popup - C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Anti-Spyware\blockpopups.htm
O9 - Extra button: IE Shield - {300DB664-75B5-47c0-8B45-A44ACCF73C00} - C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Anti-Spyware\ieshield.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: IE Shield... - {300DB664-75B5-47c0-8B45-A44ACCF73C00} - C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Anti-Spyware\ieshield.dll
O9 - Extra button: AOL Toolbar - {3369AF0D-62E9-4bda-8103-B4C75499B578} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 2.0\aoltb.dll
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINNT\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: MoneySide - {E023F504-0C5A-4750-A1E7-A9046DEA8A21} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyside.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {0F04992B-E661-4DB9-B223-903AB628225D} (DoMoreRunExe.DoMoreRun) - file://C:\Program Files\Gateway\Do More\DoMoreRunExe.CAB
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...67&clcid=0x409
O16 - DPF: {3E9B39EF-5BBD-C23B-CC66-F1DE3B25B22B} (DownloadUL Class) - http://public.searchbarcash.com/cab/008/uqfnhzxo.cab
O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://spaces.msn.com//PhotoUpload/MsnPUpld.cab
O16 - DPF: {511073AD-BE56-4D43-AE68-93390514385E} (TechToolsActivex.TechTools) - file://C:\Program Files\gateway\helpspot\TechTools.CAB
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsu...?1142203301453
O16 - DPF: {739E8D90-2F4C-43AD-A1B8-66C356FCEA35} (RunExeActiveX.RunExe) - file://C:\Program Files\gateway\helpspot\RunExeActiveX.CAB
O16 - DPF: {F58E1CEF-A068-4C15-BA5E-587CAF3EE8C6} (MSN Chat Control 4.5) - http://chat.msn.com/controls/msnchat45.cab
O18 - Filter: text/html - {DFAA31C8-A356-4313-9D95-5EDAB46C5070} - (no file)
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O23 - Service: F-Secure 2006 (BackWeb Plug-in - 4476822) - F-Secure Internet Security 2005 - C:\PROGRA~1\F-SECU~1\backweb\4476822\Program\SERVIC~1.EXE
O23 - Service: FSGKHS (F-Secure Gatekeeper Handler Starter) - F-Secure Corporation - C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Anti-Virus\fsgk32st.exe
O23 - Service: fsbwsys - F-Secure Corp. - C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\backweb\4476822\program\fsbwsys.exe
O23 - Service: F-Secure Anti-Virus Firewall Daemon (FSDFWD) - F-Secure Corporation - C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\FWES\Program\fsdfwd.exe
O23 - Service: FSMA - F-Secure Corporation - C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Common\FSMA32.EXE
O23 - Service: iPod Service (iPodService) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Basic Logging Client (minilog) - Zone Labs Inc. - C:\WINNT\system32\ZoneLabs\minilog.exe
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel(R) Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O23 - Service: System Startup Service (SvcProc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINNT\svcproc.exe
O23 - Service: WAN Miniport (ATW) Service (WANMiniportService) - America Online, Inc. - C:\WINNT\wanmpsvc.exe

ps.
something else that may be a factor, everytime the computer starts up it goes through a check first. It says that "one of your disks needs to be checked for consistency", same thing every time with the same results, allis okay. Does this have to do with us getting a new computer a few years ago and having the "brains" of the old one connected to it, the part is now called F something?

I'm sorry if I've gone on too much! Please don't feel like you have to rush for me, I will be in and out of here doing the Mom thing. I would do a happy face, but don't know how yet.

01-May-2006, 05:30 PM #14
Go to the link below and download the trial version of SpySweeper:

SpySweeper http://www.webroot.com/consumer/prod...rc=4129&ac=tsg

* Click the Free Trial link under "SpySweeper" to download the program.
* Install it. Once the program is installed, it will open.
* It will prompt you to update to the latest definitions, click Yes.
* Once the definitions are installed, click Options on the left side.
* Click the Sweep Options tab.
* Under What to Sweep please put a check next to the following:
o Sweep Memory
o Sweep Registry
o Sweep Cookies
o Sweep All User Accounts
o Enable Direct Disk Sweeping
o Sweep Contents of Compressed Files
o Sweep for Rootkits

o Please UNCHECK Do not Sweep System Restore Folder.

* Click Sweep Now on the left side.
* Click the Start button.
* When it's done scanning, click the Next button.
* Make sure everything has a check next to it, then click the Next button.
* It will remove all of the items found.
* Click Session Log in the upper right corner, copy everything in that window.
* Click the Summary tab and click Finish.
* Paste the contents of the session log you copied into your next reply.
Also post a new Hijack This log.
Computer Specs
Member with 87 posts.

01-May-2006, 08:16 PM #15
Hi MFDnSC,
here it all is, hope all went well. It took a long time and seemed to have extra steps and stops to ask if I wantted to really do this, etc.

reply rejected will send in 2 or more replies

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 7:58:12 PM, on 5/1/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\F-SECU~1\backweb\4476822\Program\SERVIC~1.EXE
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Anti-Virus\fsgk32st.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Anti-Virus\FSGK32.EXE
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\backweb\4476822\program\fsbwsys.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Anti-Virus\fssm32.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Common\FSMA32.EXE
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Common\FSMB32.EXE
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\WRSSSDK.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Common\FCH32.EXE
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Common\FAMEH32.EXE
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Anti-Virus\fsqh.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Anti-Virus\fsrw.exe
C:\Program Files\UPHClean\uphclean.exe
C:\WINNT\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Anti-Virus\fsav32.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\FWES\Program\fsdfwd.exe
C:\WINNT\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINNT\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\SK9910DM.EXE
C:\WINNT\GWMDMMSG.exe
C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Common\FSM32.EXE
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\FSGUI\ispnews.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\F-SECU~1\ANTI-S~1\fsaw.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1142561222\ee\AOLSoftware.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\FSGUI\fsguidll.exe
C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\backweb\4476822\Program\fspex.exe
C:\Program Files\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.gateway.net
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.gateway.net/
O2 - BHO: AOL Toolbar Launcher - {7C554162-8CB7-45A4-B8F4-8EA1C75885F9} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 2.0\aoltb.dll
O3 - Toolbar: AOL Toolbar - {DE9C389F-3316-41A7-809B-AA305ED9D922} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 2.0\aoltb.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINNT\System32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINNT\System32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Hot Key Kbd 9910 Daemon] SK9910DM.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GWMDMMSG] GWMDMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Keyboard Preload Check] C:\OEMDRVRS\KEYB\Preload.exe /DEVID: /CLASS:Keyboard /RunValue:"Keyboard Preload Check"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] "c:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Works Shared\WkUFind.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [zfmhinpa] C:\WINNT\mtdbqvkc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HookUpFinder] C:\Documents and Settings\Lee\Desktop\HookUpFinder\HookUpFinder.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [F-Secure Manager] "C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Common\FSM32.EXE" /splash
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [F-Secure TNB] "C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\TNB\TNBUtil.exe" /CHECKALL /WAITFORSW
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [F-Secure Startup Wizard] "C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\FSGUI\FSSW.EXE" /reboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [News Service] "C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\FSGUI\ispnews.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HostManager] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1142561222\ee\AOLSoftware.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ViewMgr] C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [cgwijk] C:\WINNT\system32\bhkzoe.exe r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpySweeper] "C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe" /startintray
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [AIM] C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe -cnetwait.odl
O4 - Global Startup: F-Secure 2006.lnk = C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\backweb\4476822\Program\fspex.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar Search - c:\program files\aol\aol toolbar 2.0\resources\en-US\local\search.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Block this popup - C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Anti-Spyware\blockpopups.htm
O9 - Extra button: IE Shield - {300DB664-75B5-47c0-8B45-A44ACCF73C00} - C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Anti-Spyware\ieshield.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: IE Shield... - {300DB664-75B5-47c0-8B45-A44ACCF73C00} - C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Anti-Spyware\ieshield.dll
O9 - Extra button: AOL Toolbar - {3369AF0D-62E9-4bda-8103-B4C75499B578} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 2.0\aoltb.dll
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINNT\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: MoneySide - {E023F504-0C5A-4750-A1E7-A9046DEA8A21} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyside.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {0F04992B-E661-4DB9-B223-903AB628225D} (DoMoreRunExe.DoMoreRun) - file://C:\Program Files\Gateway\Do More\DoMoreRunExe.CAB
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...67&clcid=0x409
O16 - DPF: {3E9B39EF-5BBD-C23B-CC66-F1DE3B25B22B} - http://public.searchbarcash.com/cab/008/uqfnhzxo.cab
O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://spaces.msn.com//PhotoUpload/MsnPUpld.cab
O16 - DPF: {511073AD-BE56-4D43-AE68-93390514385E} (TechToolsActivex.TechTools) - file://C:\Program Files\gateway\helpspot\TechTools.CAB
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/windowsu...?1142203301453
O16 - DPF: {739E8D90-2F4C-43AD-A1B8-66C356FCEA35} (RunExeActiveX.RunExe) - file://C:\Program Files\gateway\helpspot\RunExeActiveX.CAB
O16 - DPF: {F58E1CEF-A068-4C15-BA5E-587CAF3EE8C6} (MSN Chat Control 4.5) - http://chat.msn.com/controls/msnchat45.cab
O18 - Filter: text/html - {DFAA31C8-A356-4313-9D95-5EDAB46C5070} - (no file)
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WRNotifier - C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\WRLogonNTF.dll
O23 - Service: F-Secure 2006 (BackWeb Plug-in - 4476822) - F-Secure Internet Security 2005 - C:\PROGRA~1\F-SECU~1\backweb\4476822\Program\SERVIC~1.EXE
O23 - Service: FSGKHS (F-Secure Gatekeeper Handler Starter) - F-Secure Corporation - C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Anti-Virus\fsgk32st.exe
O23 - Service: fsbwsys - F-Secure Corp. - C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\backweb\4476822\program\fsbwsys.exe
O23 - Service: F-Secure Anti-Virus Firewall Daemon (FSDFWD) - F-Secure Corporation - C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\FWES\Program\fsdfwd.exe
O23 - Service: FSMA - F-Secure Corporation - C:\Program Files\F-Secure Internet Security\Common\FSMA32.EXE
O23 - Service: iPod Service (iPodService) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Basic Logging Client (minilog) - Zone Labs Inc. - C:\WINNT\system32\ZoneLabs\minilog.exe
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel(R) Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Webroot Spy Sweeper Engine (svcWRSSSDK) - Webroot Software, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\WRSSSDK.exe
O23 - Service: WAN Miniport (ATW) Service (WANMiniportService) - America Online, Inc. - C:\WINNT\wanmpsvc.exe
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!