Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

My Mouse is too Fast !

(!)

Member with 147 posts.

04-Jun-2006, 07:43 AM #1
My Mouse is too Fast !
Re: Wxp home e

Hi Tech guys,

I never came across this one before but here goes.....every time I click on my mouse i.e., it opens double of what I click , if I want to go back one page it goes two or three, if I want to close a link it closes everything, including the browser, if I want to highlight a word or just click between the letters of a word it highlights the whole paragraph like it wants to delete the whole thing....Heeeelp me.
sincerely,
Veri.
P.S. I thinking mouse replacement? see,I just pressed once on the face and it printed twice.
Computer Specs
Member with 11,665 posts.

Experience: Advanced
04-Jun-2006, 07:47 AM #2
The 1st test to perform is to try another mouse. If that corrects the problem then the mouse was defective.
Computer Specs
Member with 11,849 posts.

Experience: Advanced
04-Jun-2006, 07:54 AM #3
Are the Icons on your desktop Underlined? If they are you are setup for single click. This means that if you double click you will open double of everything.

The way this single click works is when you move the mouse cursor over the Icon this is like the first click the you click to activate the command = second click.

If this is not the case that your icons are not underlined then I would go to Control Panel and Open Mouse and go thru this and check the settings for double click and anything else that has to do with speed of the mouse and lower the settings down.
Member with 147 posts.

04-Jun-2006, 05:29 PM #4
Re: Microsoft PS/2 mouse
Before I get another mouse I'd like to see if its a setting issue because I had a computer doctor replace the internal power source and he might have changed the setting on something; because, thats when I first noticed the problem.
And no I don't have it on double click. I have it set on highlighting by dragging mouse over what ever file and single click to open it, Just to minimize a page it closes and opens it again in a single click.....trigger happy syndrome is what I'm going through.....in layman's terms. I went to settings, control panel, mouse and there was no speed setting for single click just double click or am I missing something?
Thanks
Veri.
Member with 47 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
04-Jun-2006, 06:44 PM #5
removed post

Last edited by pecloe; 04-Jun-2006 at 06:49 PM..
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!