Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

spoolsv.exe is missing

(!)

Junior Member with 3 posts.

27-Jun-2006, 04:44 PM #1
spoolsv.exe is missing
I have run into the problem of a missing windows system file - spoolsv.exe. I tried to restart the Print Spooler under Control Panel/Administrative Services/Services so that I could use my printer. It told me that spoolsv.exe was missing. My operating system is Windows 2000 Service Pack 4. Could someone help me locate the spoolsv file over the Internet? I would prefer not to have to reinstall my operating system, because everything other than printer is working fine. In fact, I would prefer to spend a couple of weeks trying to procure this file somewhere in order to avoid a lengthy and painful Windows re-installation.
Computer Specs
Member with 11,849 posts.

Experience: Advanced
27-Jun-2006, 04:50 PM #2

27-Jun-2006, 04:55 PM #3
thanks ozrom.. I followed the instructions with regedit, but my registry doesn't have the <Trouble Printer> key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\ Control\Print\Printers\
Computer Specs

27-Jun-2006, 05:07 PM #4
Bummer, I can not tell you to edit the registry and add this but have you tried un-installing your printer and rebooting the computer and re-installing the printer?
Computer Specs

27-Jun-2006, 05:10 PM #5
Also there is something about spoolsv in the service pack 4 update. Have you tried re-installing the SP4 yet?

Google search

http://www.google.com/search?q=spool...en-US:official

27-Jun-2006, 05:35 PM #6
Actually I did a search and found a spoolsv.exe in a backup folder for a Win2000/Service Pack 4 Installation. I restarted the print spooler and was able to print right after. Thank you for your help, ozrom1e. (Problem Resolved)
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!