Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

can't watch youtube videos

(!)

Junior Member with 7 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
30-Sep-2006, 02:43 PM #1
Red face can't watch youtube videos

I am so lost....I can't watch a video on youtube.com
I keep getting this message:

you either have javascript turned off OR you are running an older version of macromedia flash player......

Problem is I have the latest version of the flash player and I have javascript enabled....This one has me stumped!! I have IE 6 and run windows xp pro edition...Would really appreciate any help... Thanks Teresa
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 1,398 posts.

Experience: Comp. Hardware Engineer
30-Sep-2006, 06:08 PM #2
Try using Firefox (theres a download below in my sig)

See if the movies load up for you there. You will probably have to install the Flash plugin since Firefox doesnt come with it built in.

30-Sep-2006, 06:30 PM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by titanania
Try using Firefox (theres a download below in my sig)

See if the movies load up for you there. You will probably have to install the Flash plugin since Firefox doesnt come with it built in.
Thank you! They load up fine now...I am curious why they won't play on IE on my computer but they play fine on my husbands computer and he uses IE...Thank you so much
Computer Specs

30-Sep-2006, 06:32 PM #4
No problem. And I dont just suggest using Firefox for just YouTube either. Its a faster, securer and safer web browser than Internet Explorer and has probably saved me many a spyware headache. Glad that they are working now.

30-Sep-2006, 06:53 PM #5
Thanks again for introducing me to Firefox, I love it!!! I had 2 problems today and you guys answered pronto! I am impressed...First time I have used the techguy web site. I am definitely making a donation! Thanks again...
Computer Specs

30-Sep-2006, 06:55 PM #6
No problem.

And I know you have no qualms with your Microsoft Office (or you havent listed any) but if you think Firefox is cool check out http://www.openoffice.org/ and check it out. It is an awesome office suite application thats both powerful and easy to learn. I use it and love it.
Senior Member with 651 posts.

Experience: Advanced
30-Sep-2006, 08:32 PM #7
Unless she has broadband or another high speed connection, she needs to be aware the download size of O.O. is around 100mb and takes up to 10hrs on dialup.
Computer Specs

30-Sep-2006, 09:18 PM #8
I wans telling her she had to download it I was just telling her to take a look. I does take a long time to download yes but thats worth it.
slow_slow_PC slow_slow_PC is offline   slow_slow_PC has a birthday soon!
Member with 51 posts.

30-Sep-2006, 11:10 PM #9
Firefox is definetely a great choice.

Some strengths: quicker webpage loading, ton's of useful links and plugin's, tabs instead of windows, better tools and taskbars, a more sophisticated look, download management

Some weaknesses: private website capability may be limited, opening the program may be slower, some graphics may not show

tell me if any of this is false
Computer Specs
Member with 11,849 posts.

30-Sep-2006, 11:15 PM #10
Heck if you want Open Office and have dial-up jsut go to the library that has broadband and download it and save it to a thumb drive or other media.
Computer Specs

30-Sep-2006, 11:42 PM #11
No none of that is false but the weaknesses you listed have gone down to almost nill with the flurry of updates that Mozilla has been coming out with to get ready for Firefox 2
Junior Member with 1 posts.

09-Oct-2006, 07:46 PM #12
I have the same problem and I don't want to switch fire fox
Hi all, I have the same problem but I like using internet explorer 7. Can anyone help. It happened recently after I cleaned out my computer for useless applications, or so I thought.
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

08-Feb-2007, 11:44 AM #13
Try this. Go to Windows and System32. then click on Macromed and Flash. You will see "FlasUtil9b.exe" clic on it and your probem will resolved
Junior Member with 2 posts.

24-Oct-2007, 04:41 AM #14
Not working for me
I can't watch YouTube videos either. I tried downloading FireFox and seeing if they work on there, that didn't work. I tried opening "FlasUtil9b.exe" file but that doesn't completely nothing. It shows an hourglass by my cursor for a split-second... that's it. The videos still don't play. Installed new Java and Flash Player, still got nothing. I followed the instruction in the YouTube help and made sure I turned the Java Script on. Tell me what else I should do.
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 22 posts.

Experience: but less of the pc jargon thanks!
24-Oct-2007, 01:14 PM #15
Having the same problem as nic826. I've tried everything I can think of! It won't work on either IE7 or firefox, I've installed latest adobe flashplayer (complete standalone version aswell), javascript is most definately on and I've even tried it whilst disabling my internet security.
It's really annoying me, I can't even watch my own youtube videos
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!