Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows XP Windows XP
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Monitor Problem Not Coming On But Is On

(!)

Junior Member with 24 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
05-Nov-2006, 02:15 AM #1
Monitor Problem Not Coming On But Is On
Hi guys last night I was doing something on my pc when it froze on me so I had to pull the cable so I did, now my monitor is not coming on at all, pc is powering fine but my screen is black that green light on my monitor is not on but the yellow one beside it is. I thought that my video card is gone but I have tested it on my other pc and it is fine, I have taken my other video card to se if that one will work all I got on my screen was clock battery low so I did change it, but I got same problem. I did switch my video card plugs but nothing. I am running windows xp pro with Pentium 4, 512 mb. And I did tray my other working monitor but same problem screen is black but it is on

thanks
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 403 posts.

Experience: Advanced
05-Nov-2006, 02:20 AM #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by predator
Hi guys last night I was doing something on my pc when it froze on me
What did you do exactly?

Quote:
so I had to pull the cable so I did, now my monitor is not coming on at all, pc is powering fine but my screen is black that green light on my monitor is not on but the yellow one beside it is. I thought that my video card is gone but I have tested it on my other pc and it is fine, I have taken my other video card to se if that one will work all I got on my screen was clock battery low so I did change it, but I got same problem. I did switch my video card plugs but nothing. I am running windows xp pro with Pentium 4, 512 mb. And I did tray my other working monitor but same problem screen is black but it is on

thanks
Yellow on the monitor usually means the monitor is not receiving a signal, which points to your video card or PC and not the monitor. So what else can you tell us?
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Beginner
15-Jun-2007, 03:10 AM #3
hey, i have the exact same problem.. sorry im kinda new as i just bought this computer 3 weeks ago with my AMD 4600+, ATi x1950 Powercolour Pro 512mb Artic Cooling, 320gig hd, 1gig ram. Just recently a couple of days ago after i had restarted my computer the monitor was not picking up a signal from the computer with the yellow light on and not going to green. After distinguishing every possible cause i came to the graphics card as it is not sending anything to the monitor making it unable to display anything. This is because my motherboard has an onboard video card and i went to that to see if it would work and it did!, everything was perfect.

Please if you could advise me on what to do as im at a lost with my new graphics card the ATi x1950 Powercolour 512mb as that day it was working fine and then after one restart it screwed up ????? please help thnx
Junior Member with 24 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
17-Jun-2007, 11:44 PM #4
what worked for me was remowing the video card and instaling it again
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!